So much stuff!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
You know I actually think our rooms are medium to large here, one is not super huge, but the rest are adequate size, UNLESS - UNLESS YOU BRING IN A DOZEN CASES OF SODA for a three night stay. And Don doesn't want people hanging about, what does cases and cases mean? Camping out?
The worst I have seen was the nutty professor, but these have a good amount of stuff too. They did not pick a larger room either. This s/b interesting.

Maybe it means they will be out and about all day and will take lots of soda with them
teeth_smile.gif

It always seems the people with the most stuff cram into the smallest room, maybe they like feeling cozy.

We had a couple once show up in separate cars. The proceeded to each take several large suitcases and garment bags from the cars, along with ice chests, guitars and God knows what else. Our rooms are not that big. Couldn't they have left most of that stuff in the car? We're in the middle of the woods, for crying out loud, no one's going to steal it.
This was for a two night stay. Other than that, they were really strange.

I really hate seeing 3 men and a little boy carting a guest's 'baggage' into the house. It's stressful to me because, really, where do they think it is all going to go? The worst was an electric cooler the size of a dorm fridge. I told them it had to stay in the dining room where no one could hear it.

Oh we have people traveling through that bring EVERYTHING into their room, up and down the stairs they go. They are here basically to sleep have breakfast and leave. It boggles the mind.
Once a young lady had this GIANT DUFFLE the size of a VW, she struggled to get it up the stairs, using her neck back and head! It was absurd. Then she went out and came back in with more smaller "cases" and I said "planning on staying a while?" It was one day booking. She replied "This is my overnight bag, you should see when I go away for a weekend!" gulp
Our first year we had "the prophet" stay with us. An entourage of young men carried in bag after bag to their room for them. Then they came walking in after. He was the guest speaker at a local college graduation. I will always remember those guests. When the school called they said Brother so and so will be there shortly with The Prophet. I felt like I was part of a spy movie or something, codename Benji.

We were amazed at what went into the pick-up truck when our "residents" left! They filled the bed of the pick-up with their stuff. Those rooms are not tiny, but they are not THAT big!

We were amazed at what went into the pick-up truck when our "residents" left! They filled the bed of the pick-up with their stuff. Those rooms are not tiny, but they are not THAT big!.
Just be sure they havnt packed anything of yours as well.

We were amazed at what went into the pick-up truck when our "residents" left! They filled the bed of the pick-up with their stuff. Those rooms are not tiny, but they are not THAT big!.
I did call her to let her know one of the robes got mixed in with her laundry. It came back yesterday - washed.

They requested no maid service. I told them whatever you need, just let me know any time.
wink_smile.gif
I feel better not going in amongst too much stuff, it makes me twitch and stutter.

Guilty!
When I innsit, I travel with a suitcase, a cooler, and one tub that has indispensible (in my mind) equipment. My own skillets, silicone spatulas, specialty pans, oven thermometer and most important--my own knives. Some B & B's I sit for have incredibly dull knives, grotty old frypans and waffle irons with terminal disease. I have one that didn't have proper measuring cups--just a cracked plastic number. I left some behind as a gift for the regular innkeeper.
The cooler is necessary for specialty items that may not be available locally. It also comes in handy if I stop at a farmer's market on the way and discover something fun and interesting.
A bit of OCD I guess, I just feel more comfortable with my stuff, and maybe that's the same thing for those guests who haul in all manner of comforts from home.

Guilty!
When I innsit, I travel with a suitcase, a cooler, and one tub that has indispensible (in my mind) equipment. My own skillets, silicone spatulas, specialty pans, oven thermometer and most important--my own knives. Some B & B's I sit for have incredibly dull knives, grotty old frypans and waffle irons with terminal disease. I have one that didn't have proper measuring cups--just a cracked plastic number. I left some behind as a gift for the regular innkeeper.
The cooler is necessary for specialty items that may not be available locally. It also comes in handy if I stop at a farmer's market on the way and discover something fun and interesting.
A bit of OCD I guess, I just feel more comfortable with my stuff, and maybe that's the same thing for those guests who haul in all manner of comforts from home..
"and most important--my own knives. Some B & B's I sit for have incredibly dull knives,"
Every time I have this complaint I am told by my other half "sharpen them!"
Okay that is not the point, they should be sharp, not sharpen every time I want to use them. Apparently many people use dull knives, all the time.
When we go to state park cabins there is a fry pan that is about the size to cook two eggs. I always bring my own and laugh at this each time, I mean not even big enough for ONE person and these cabins sleep 7-10 people. And NO you are not supposed to bring your own, they have everything fully stocked. NOT. :)

Guilty!
A bit of OCD I guess, I just feel more comfortable with my stuff, and maybe that's the same thing for those guests who haul in all manner of comforts from home..
It is similar and completely different. You are traveling for work where you are expected to perform to a certain standard. To have your own equipment makes that easy for you. More than likely you can keep some of the items in your car until needed. I have to say that I might be a bit peeved as the innkeeper if you brought food in that was not native to my menus.
As a guest traveling for a couple of days, to load up like you're a turtle or a snail on the move is disruptive to everyone around you. It's totally unnecessary for ADULTS to need to bring every little tchotchke from home to decorate their rooms. And I hate cleaning around it. Like JB, I would have told them they could ask if they needed anything.

Guilty!
"and most important--my own knives. Some B & B's I sit for have incredibly dull knives,"
Every time I have this complaint I am told by my other half "sharpen them!"
Okay that is not the point, they should be sharp, not sharpen every time I want to use them. Apparently many people use dull knives, all the time.
When we go to state park cabins there is a fry pan that is about the size to cook two eggs. I always bring my own and laugh at this each time, I mean not even big enough for ONE person and these cabins sleep 7-10 people. And NO you are not supposed to bring your own, they have everything fully stocked. NOT. :)
Sharp knives. First thing my son does when he visits is sharpen all the knives. He sharpens his every time he uses them.

We had a couple once show up in separate cars. The proceeded to each take several large suitcases and garment bags from the cars, along with ice chests, guitars and God knows what else. Our rooms are not that big. Couldn't they have left most of that stuff in the car? We're in the middle of the woods, for crying out loud, no one's going to steal it.
This was for a two night stay. Other than that, they were really strange..
After all that luggage and stuff, they never left the place. Very odd.

I did call her to let her know one of the robes got mixed in with her laundry. It came back yesterday - washed.
glad to hear it was probably a mistake knowing the volume of stuff they had but you don't want their mistake comming out of our bottom line.

Back