So now we're a hotel

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Guest called and cancelled one night of their stay a couple of days ago. It rebooked pretty quickly so no big deal. However, at check-out one said, 'I think we've stayed 10 times, don't we get a free night?' WHAT? They cancel one night and then expect me to give them their stay for free? It happens every year, too. They book a week and then slowly whittle it down to 2 nights. One year they changed their rez 5 times.

Just tell them PITA's pay double
devil_smile.gif

Ha. next they will want you to pay them to stay.
Do they also want you to hold their luggage until midnight as they are catching a 2am flight ?
Bo

Do they also want you to hold their luggage until midnight as they are catching a 2am flight ?
Bo.
LA Hostel said:
Bo
Now that's a good one. So you are also supposed to stay up until they come back for the luggage? I guess I'm lucky I live in a place where the last flight comes in at 11 PM and nothing goes out until 6 AM!
Whatever happened with the deadbeat?

OK Mort, what did you tell them? (Of course, after all the obscenities raced through your head.)
I had something similar this past week with a guest that has stayed with us several times - long term (at a special rate). This time was for only 4 nights and was at my corporate rate. She came in all pleasent but asked 'well do I have my regular room or do I get an upgrade - which I think I deserve.' It was 9PM, her regular room had been preped and A/C had it nice and cool. (she had previously saind how she felt at home in that room? I went ahead and gave her the larger room - warm as it was. Then in the morning, she had to complain about how long it took t cool down - oh, brother!

OK Mort, what did you tell them? (Of course, after all the obscenities raced through your head.)
I had something similar this past week with a guest that has stayed with us several times - long term (at a special rate). This time was for only 4 nights and was at my corporate rate. She came in all pleasent but asked 'well do I have my regular room or do I get an upgrade - which I think I deserve.' It was 9PM, her regular room had been preped and A/C had it nice and cool. (she had previously saind how she felt at home in that room? I went ahead and gave her the larger room - warm as it was. Then in the morning, she had to complain about how long it took t cool down - oh, brother!.
How rude. That was so nice of you to get the room you thought she liked ready, and then she just walked all over it. Yuk.

Bo.
LA Hostel said:
Bo
Now that's a good one. So you are also supposed to stay up until they come back for the luggage? I guess I'm lucky I live in a place where the last flight comes in at 11 PM and nothing goes out until 6 AM!
Whatever happened with the deadbeat?
We have nobody here for retriving luggage and don't want to administrate the logic of keeping track of it, so we are kind of a one-trick-pony.
The Deadbeat is exactly that. though my production department may seen get a new slightly used laptop. :) I guess it must be "worth" right about whatever his bill is, I can't expect them to pay a lot for a used laptop. doubt we will ever see the guy, he asked about making payments, as long as he could fetch his stuff first.. I told him the only option would be "cash & carry" - getting cranky on my ol days.
Bo

I had something similar this past week with a guest that has stayed with us several times - long term (at a special rate). This time was for only 4 nights and was at my corporate rate. She came in all pleasent but asked 'well do I have my regular room or do I get an upgrade - which I think I deserve.' It was 9PM, her regular room had been preped and A/C had it nice and cool. (she had previously saind how she felt at home in that room? I went ahead and gave her the larger room - warm as it was. Then in the morning, she had to complain about how long it took t cool down - oh, brother!.
Wow. Someone asked for an upgrade in that tone of voice? Yeesh.
I just looked quizzical at them and nothing more was said.

It's O.K. to say "No". The customer isn't always right. Next time someone ask for a free night, ask them if they have their "Free Night" card with all the nights punched. Then say, "Oh, that's right we don't have a Free Night Card. I guess you're screwed.
I guess I'm not as nice as some of you. I won't take that crap off of anyone.

It's O.K. to say "No". The customer isn't always right. Next time someone ask for a free night, ask them if they have their "Free Night" card with all the nights punched. Then say, "Oh, that's right we don't have a Free Night Card. I guess you're screwed.
I guess I'm not as nice as some of you. I won't take that crap off of anyone..
They mentioned us giving them a punch card...

Back