So you want to become Innkeeper Chapter 1

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For MY book...the dilemma of the open kitchen. We provide guests with the means to prepare their own coffee and tea, a microwave to heat whatever, plates, glassware, utensils and a fridge with a freezer section all to keep them the hell out of the kitchen. (Which is open. Has no door nor means of installing one. And a HUGE sign that tells guests in no uncertain terms that they do not belong here in the dark in the kitchen.)
But, you know where we found them. Cooking their dinner. WTF is wrong with people???
When asked WTH they were doing, they responded, 'Oh I guess we don't belong in here?' REALLY??? You think?
Just a rant. Not looking for solutions to the problem of the boundaryless who walk among us. It doesn't help I'm sick as a dog. I have ZERO tolerance when I'm sick..
Don't you just wish that you had a floor that opened in two and dropped people into a shark tank, just like in Live and Let Die.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Don't you just wish that you had a floor that opened in two and dropped people into a shark tank, just like in Live and Let Die.
They're headed next for your neck of the woods.

People will pilfer more than outright steal. Every office in the world loses all its sticky tape before Christmas. (Of course this is stealing just the same, but they try to legitimize it, like stealing chocolates from the source, ie the bag if they can find it at the inn).
The one thing missing here of late is a magazine that we were in, it is a Blue Ridge Magazine, and not a big deal, but a photo I submitted was in it, and I put a note on that about it. Someone prob swiped it without even reading the note, to read on the road later. I wish they would have taken any of the other editions. No big deal, if I put it out they are liable to take it.
But really unless it is something noticeable anything here could be stolen and I wouldn't even be aware of it. I was aware of the entire bowl of tea-bags missing after the Brits left (since they were the only room, it was pretty dang obvious), sorry you are encountering Lipton at other inns or hotels, does it give you the right to pilfer all of my nice teas?.
Joey Bloggs said:
People will pilfer more than outright steal. Every office in the world loses all its sticky tape before Christmas. (Of course this is stealing just the same, but they try to legitimize it, like stealing chocolates from the source, ie the bag if they can find it at the inn).
The one thing missing here of late is a magazine that we were in, it is a Blue Ridge Magazine, and not a big deal, but a photo I submitted was in it, and I put a note on that about it. Someone prob swiped it without even reading the note, to read on the road later. I wish they would have taken any of the other editions. No big deal, if I put it out they are liable to take it.
But really unless it is something noticeable anything here could be stolen and I wouldn't even be aware of it. I was aware of the entire bowl of tea-bags missing after the Brits left (since they were the only room, it was pretty dang obvious), sorry you are encountering Lipton at other inns or hotels, does it give you the right to pilfer all of my nice teas?
We have had all our teabags and/or indivdual creamers taken. I mean if they had used them while staying here, well, that's that. Seems weird to me. But my mom used to take all the soap products from hotel rooms.....so it's just one of those weird things.
Guilty as charged with taking the soaps - at a HOTEL. I keep them in my travel case so when I visit a friend B & B I do not use their stuff (overhead) - I use from the hotel supply.

For MY book...the dilemma of the open kitchen. We provide guests with the means to prepare their own coffee and tea, a microwave to heat whatever, plates, glassware, utensils and a fridge with a freezer section all to keep them the hell out of the kitchen. (Which is open. Has no door nor means of installing one. And a HUGE sign that tells guests in no uncertain terms that they do not belong here in the dark in the kitchen.)
But, you know where we found them. Cooking their dinner. WTF is wrong with people???
When asked WTH they were doing, they responded, 'Oh I guess we don't belong in here?' REALLY??? You think?
Just a rant. Not looking for solutions to the problem of the boundaryless who walk among us. It doesn't help I'm sick as a dog. I have ZERO tolerance when I'm sick..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
They're headed next for your neck of the woods.
Thanks! I have KNIVES in my kitchen.... all prepared.

We have and open kitchen and so far (knock on wood) no one has ever used it. They put their doggie bag in the refrigerator but that is it.

Back