Solid Ground?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penelope

Reaction score
Hoping all of our East Coast innmates are okay from today's earthquake.

Family in Virginia said they felt it but everything is ok and my kids said it was "freaky" hope all are ok.

Babies here in C'ville. The cener was north of RIchmond and the energy must have all gone west and north - I heard a noise but didn't feel a thing since I was walking. I would have turned over and gone back to sleep when I lived in San Francisco for such a little shake.
RIki

All is fine here, was pretty wicked, not a rocker but a roller, the house swung back and for a long time, my dog was at my feet quivering. It was a very strong quake. Something crashed down somewhere I have yet to find it, will do a structural walk-about later on.
Glad everyone else is fine, it was one of those sea legs moments for me. I was in the big one in Seattle, the big one in Sydney Australia, and plenty in Southern CALF. This was not a violent shaking where the sofa rocks across the whole room...like I am used to is CALF. But still was somethin'!

It didn't make it this far north/east. But it did rumble near Albany, NY.

This is where I was and will now be closed due to this hurricane approaching.
Occoneechee State Park
Nzc3NWJhOGJjZDA4Nw==.gif

All is fine here, was pretty wicked, not a rocker but a roller, the house swung back and for a long time, my dog was at my feet quivering. It was a very strong quake. Something crashed down somewhere I have yet to find it, will do a structural walk-about later on.
Glad everyone else is fine, it was one of those sea legs moments for me. I was in the big one in Seattle, the big one in Sydney Australia, and plenty in Southern CALF. This was not a violent shaking where the sofa rocks across the whole room...like I am used to is CALF. But still was somethin'!.
Interesting...
All of the quakes that we experienced while living in Northern CA were more of the rolling variety - like a giant pushed the side of the house.
Have heard nothing about tremors this far South, but it was felt in ATL.
Glad you're safe!! Am waiting to hear from all my family in the DC area...

Boy what a shocker that was! I was sitting in a workshop in a train station. We all just stared at each other. We thought it was the train going by...WRONG...then someone said...It's an earthquake!! We all still just sat there in amazement. Things are crazy in D.C. And there was actual damage in some locations :-( But as far as they know all is ok for now.

It even shook a bit 1.5 hours North of Toronto. Hope all is well with our friends down South.

This is where I was and will now be closed due to this hurricane approaching.
Occoneechee State Park
Nzc3NWJhOGJjZDA4Nw==.gif
You take such wonderful pictures!!! I was told an innkeeper 35 miles from me now has a leaning chimney. We did not feel a thing here (am I just unfeeling?).

This is from Fred (who was my photography guru for that package last spring) - click the photo below:
We are a resilient people. The VA #earthquake has shaken us, but we are not beaten. http://t.co/uAoIgb6

This is from Fred (who was my photography guru for that package last spring) - click the photo below:
We are a resilient people. The VA #earthquake has shaken us, but we are not beaten. http://t.co/uAoIgb6.
I like that! You WILL rebuild - the same way Iowa City did did it and Minot, South Dakota is doing it, quietly because the Press is not interested.

Back