Some people just don't read their emails

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
I know we've all said this many a time but this morning..........
Lady checking out said they had a lovely meal in the local inn. Said the other people in last night couldn't get in and had a somewhat unsatisfactory meal in town. She then said "some people just don't read their emails do they?", I laughed.

I once sent a list of 50 things to do to a guest. He arrived, plopped himself down in the dining room and asked, "now what do I do with my family all week?"

I once sent a list of 50 things to do to a guest. He arrived, plopped himself down in the dining room and asked, "now what do I do with my family all week?".
You can start by reading the email sent you earlier.....

Read - what's that? A guy booked last month and didn't show up. When I called him he said he booked for September. I was so mad and asked him if he read the pre arrival email I sent the other day and he said no, just deleted it! If he had, he would have at least given me three days notice that he booked the wrong 3 nights by a MONTH! I was out a night but I moved his reservation so he checked in yesterday. When he arrived he told me he was looking forward to doing the maple sugar package I have listed on my website -- it's runs for 3 weeks in March and one in April which it clearly states. It's on the site because people book up to 9 months in advance. He was surprised that he couldn't do it because he had been looking forward to it. Perhaps if he read anything on my website he'd have a better stay.

Read - what's that? A guy booked last month and didn't show up. When I called him he said he booked for September. I was so mad and asked him if he read the pre arrival email I sent the other day and he said no, just deleted it! If he had, he would have at least given me three days notice that he booked the wrong 3 nights by a MONTH! I was out a night but I moved his reservation so he checked in yesterday. When he arrived he told me he was looking forward to doing the maple sugar package I have listed on my website -- it's runs for 3 weeks in March and one in April which it clearly states. It's on the site because people book up to 9 months in advance. He was surprised that he couldn't do it because he had been looking forward to it. Perhaps if he read anything on my website he'd have a better stay..
Maple Sugar Package in September? Now that's rich!

I can't believe it, I've had 3 couples check in today.
Couple no.1 have had to eat at 5.30 because the local inn is fully booked tonight
Couple no.2 will have to eat at the bar late in the local inn
Couple No.3 have had to go into town to eat cos they can't get into the local Inn.
They've all booked with us (so had a confirmation) at least 3 weeks ago, NOT ONE has done what it said in the confirmation and booked a table.

Couple no.1 have had to eat at 5.30 because the local inn is fully booked tonight
Couple No.3 have had to go into town to eat cos they can't get into the local Inn.
They've all booked with us (so had a confirmation) at least 3 weeks ago, NOT ONE has done what it said in the confirmation and booked a table..
Highlands John said:
They've all booked with us (so had a confirmation) at least 3 weeks ago, NOT ONE has done what it said in the confirmation and booked a table.
Not read or they don't believe you know what you are talking about!
It's not 'on you' it's 'on them'.

They've all booked with us (so had a confirmation) at least 3 weeks ago, NOT ONE has done what it said in the confirmation and booked a table..
we get this all the time - we have a ton of restaurants here so lulls them into a false sense of security no matter what I do - so they don't book, not realising they are competing with a local community which eats out A LOT as well as the other 3,000 people coming for the conference, event, new years eve - etc

we get this all the time - we have a ton of restaurants here so lulls them into a false sense of security no matter what I do - so they don't book, not realising they are competing with a local community which eats out A LOT as well as the other 3,000 people coming for the conference, event, new years eve - etc

Back