Someone's been clicking me !!!!! ..... or ..... why TA drives me nuts

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have had guests tell us they reviewed us on TA but when i go there, i see we have no reviews at all! why is this? The same ones who say they will review on TA also say they will review on other sites like the ........ and when i go there they have, so I'm pretty sure they did the TA too. But why does it always say "be the first to rate this B&B" when I check it?.
Sunshine said:
We have had guests tell us they reviewed us on TA but when i go there, i see we have no reviews at all! why is this? The same ones who say they will review on TA also say they will review on other sites like the ........ and when i go there they have, so I'm pretty sure they did the TA too. But why does it always say "be the first to rate this B&B" when I check it?
Probably because the guest has not received or followed the directions in the email the received (or didn't receive) back from TA. You have to verify you wrote the review and you stayed at the inn.
that must be it! Thanks.
I feel a bad review coming.
Guests are here to claim a gift certificate. Complaint number one: the nicest room costs more than the gift giver opted to give a certficate for. Complaint number two: I offered the nicest room if the guest wanted to pay the difference (no) which did not go over very well. Complaint number three: the nicest room was not available on the date the guest wanted to stay here so number one and two are kind of moot points. Complaint number four: the room they chose to stay in is 'too small' ... back to complaint number three, two and one. Complaint number five: there's not nuch here worth doing. Well ... the gift giver loves it here and wanted to share her experience with them. Different strokes for different folks?
When I explained check in time, I heard a complaint that was too late a check in time. I explained the reason and thought I heard a grudging acceptance. Was asked how many rooms we have. When told how many, response was that it's an awfully SMALL place. So, no surprise, the guests arrived an hour before check in. I anticipated this. What I didn't anticipate was that they would march right up the stairs ahead of me in search of their room wondering where on earth everyone was.
wink_smile.gif

It's going to be a long night!

We have had guests tell us they reviewed us on TA but when i go there, i see we have no reviews at all! why is this? The same ones who say they will review on TA also say they will review on other sites like the ........ and when i go there they have, so I'm pretty sure they did the TA too. But why does it always say "be the first to rate this B&B" when I check it?.
Sunshine said:
We have had guests tell us they reviewed us on TA but when i go there, i see we have no reviews at all! why is this? The same ones who say they will review on TA also say they will review on other sites like the ........ and when i go there they have, so I'm pretty sure they did the TA too. But why does it always say "be the first to rate this B&B" when I check it?
Probably because the guest has not received or followed the directions in the email the received (or didn't receive) back from TA. You have to verify you wrote the review and you stayed at the inn.
that must be it! Thanks.
I feel a bad review coming.
Guests are here to claim a gift certificate. Complaint number one: the nicest room costs more than the gift giver opted to give a certficate for. Complaint number two: I offered the nicest room if the guest wanted to pay the difference (no) which did not go over very well. Complaint number three: the nicest room was not available on the date the guest wanted to stay here so number one and two are kind of moot points. Complaint number four: the room they chose to stay in is 'too small' ... back to complaint number three, two and one. Complaint number five: there's not nuch here worth doing. Well ... the gift giver loves it here and wanted to share her experience with them. Different strokes for different folks?
When I explained check in time, I heard a complaint that was too late a check in time. I explained the reason and thought I heard a grudging acceptance. Was asked how many rooms we have. When told how many, response was that it's an awfully SMALL place. So, no surprise, the guests arrived an hour before check in. I anticipated this. What I didn't anticipate was that they would march right up the stairs ahead of me in search of their room wondering where on earth everyone was.
wink_smile.gif

It's going to be a long night!
I wouldn't hatch that egg just yet. They may: A) love it; B) not know about online reviews.
My similar horror story... guest on GC. Daughter and best friends of guests LOVE it here, daughter gives them GC. All OK until breakfast. Lively crowd. Guy doesn't like noise at breakfast, wife is trying to converse with other guests who are really having a good time discussing their profession (teaching).
GC guests leave. Guy says to hubs, 'This was terrible. It was like eating in a mess hall,' and stomps out the door. Wife says, 'Don't mind him, he likes it quiet at breakfast.' Guy YELLS at wife, 'Don't you dare apologize for me, get in the car right now.' Yowza!
Best friends show up a day later. Want to know how it went. Sorta laughing up their sleeves. We say, 'Wonderful!' We all laugh.

Back