Something wicked this way comes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just checked the weather forecast. We are under a tornado watch, severe flood warning and severe storm warning until 9 PM. Guests are calling from all over saying they are driving thru torrential rains. It's clear here but I can hear the thunder. My guess is that everyone will arrive when the skies open up. And I know that some guests who were coming tomorrow are camping tonight right where the worst of the storms are at the moment.

We had a clouds open and dump last night and it rained most of the night. We are sweating tomorrow. Third try at performing our concert - and a 40% chance of rain! Naturally!

Here, too. The thunder is rolling (and it's not suitcases); someone just called that they would be late because they got caught in a storm on I-81. It has been sweltering here all day - I've emptied the dehumidifier three times already. We've had higher temperatures but this humidity makes it feel hotter than I've ever felt here.

We had a torrential downpour this afternoon while the sun was shining but I didn't see a rainbow. We have 50-60% chance of severe thunderstorms up until 1 AM. We have had tons of rain this Summer. I have webbed feet, I think.....

The Tipsy Butler said:
nothing here yet. I've "battended down the hatches" though
It just rolled thru here. The weather map shows we're in the rainy part, the severe part is more toward Brunswick. I can smell the ozone, tho!

Here, too. The thunder is rolling (and it's not suitcases); someone just called that they would be late because they got caught in a storm on I-81. It has been sweltering here all day - I've emptied the dehumidifier three times already. We've had higher temperatures but this humidity makes it feel hotter than I've ever felt here..
Where is your dehumidifier? Is it located where you can have it drain itself? The one in the basement here drains into the washing machine drain. It makes life so much easier.

Here, too. The thunder is rolling (and it's not suitcases); someone just called that they would be late because they got caught in a storm on I-81. It has been sweltering here all day - I've emptied the dehumidifier three times already. We've had higher temperatures but this humidity makes it feel hotter than I've ever felt here..
Where is your dehumidifier? Is it located where you can have it drain itself? The one in the basement here drains into the washing machine drain. It makes life so much easier.
it is in the basement but not near a drain. However, it is portable. So, maybe I should ask DH if there's a reason we don't have it near the sink or washing machine (other than it's a little crowded over there). Thank you.
lightbulb.gif

Prayers are with you folks that it all blows out to sea and does no harm.

The Tipsy Butler said:
nothing here yet. I've "battended down the hatches" though
It just rolled thru here. The weather map shows we're in the rainy part, the severe part is more toward Brunswick. I can smell the ozone, tho!.
It didn't even rain here. Wish we had had the storms - the humidity today is excessive

it is in the basement but not near a drain. However, it is portable. So, maybe I should ask DH if there's a reason we don't have it near the sink or washing machine (other than it's a little crowded over there). Thank you.
lightbulb.gif

Ours is now in the middle of the furnace room so the thing can drain automatically. Before we used to have to empty the holder all the time so half the time it wasn't working because it was full. This way with the hose attached it just drains continuously and you don't worry abou it.

Bree said:
Just checked the weather forecast. We are under a tornado watch, severe flood warning and severe storm warning until 9 PM. Guests are calling from all over saying they are driving thru torrential rains. It's clear here but I can hear the thunder. My guess is that everyone will arrive when the skies open up. And I know that some guests who were coming tomorrow are camping tonight right where the worst of the storms are at the moment.
We have exactly the same weather forcast. Yesterday was a total mess too and today is the wedding!

Back