Something Wicked This Way Comes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Power went out twice during dinner. Wind is a-howling and it's raining sideways, which is actually pretty typical for here. All that lovely snow is gone. Which is why we get out and play in it right away!

Brace yourselves, we woke up to 2 inches of water in the basement this morning. It rained at a rate of .5 to 1 inch/hour for 12 hours straight. Lots of wind too so lots of power outages, we were not one thank goodness. Batten down the hatches! It's bringing warm air with it though, we almost hit 60 degrees today.

That was us yesterday. Temps going down today from 50s to the 30s! We had so much rain the river is high and the Steubenvill, Ohio newspaper said the Ohio River valley (where my river goes eventually) is issuing flood warnings.
In southern WV flood warnings are being issued as some rivers are reaching an all-time high.

Brace yourselves, we woke up to 2 inches of water in the basement this morning. It rained at a rate of .5 to 1 inch/hour for 12 hours straight. Lots of wind too so lots of power outages, we were not one thank goodness. Batten down the hatches! It's bringing warm air with it though, we almost hit 60 degrees today..
We have a sump pump in the basement. The house is basically sitting on a large shelf of rock, quite a chunk of which is IN the basement, so it gets wet a lot. Nowhere for the water to seep down into.
Our temps are going back down into the 20's which should make for some very nasty driving in the wee hours. Hopefully everyone goes slowly or stays home.
I can see the traffic light on the corner is not cycling properly and it's VERY dark outside.

wild weather out there.
my cell phone is either on the floor of the car or in 8 inches of mud in one of two driveways ... i'm soaked through and so cold and not going out right now to look. (please oh please be in the car!)
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Our river flooded again while I was out of town caring for a family member. It's gradually going down but big rain coming on Friday. Haven't looked to see what is happening up river..........
It is WINDY today!!

wild weather out there.
my cell phone is either on the floor of the car or in 8 inches of mud in one of two driveways ... i'm soaked through and so cold and not going out right now to look. (please oh please be in the car!)
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
Did you find your cell phone I hope?

found the phone, thank you. it was on edge of the car on the floor next to the door - hard to explain, just missed being out the door and in the mud ... i was so lucky! and it still works.
regular_smile.gif

found the phone, thank you. it was on edge of the car on the floor next to the door - hard to explain, just missed being out the door and in the mud ... i was so lucky! and it still works.
regular_smile.gif
Mine once fell out of my pocket in the parking lot at the high school. How it did not get run over I will never know. It found its way home because I had HOME in the phone list and they called me on Monday - I lost it Friday - to come get it.

Back