Something you used to do and now don't?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bed and Breakfast. Only 3 more guests and I'm done. Sold and gone.
regular_smile.gif
ginocat said:
regular_smile.gif
Get out! What are you going to do now? Oops, never mind, see that's been answered. Good luck!

regular_smile.gif
Wow. That's some big news!
What will you do next?
I have no idea. We are moving back to Vancouver - had a fast completion of only one month so have to move and find a place in the city by July 1. It's all a big adventure!! I will find some kind of job and will my husband. He will probably go back to the movie industry. I am soooo looking forward to being in an city and close to family!!! I will miss guests though.
ginocat said:
I have no idea. We are moving back to Vancouver - had a fast completion of only one month so have to move and find a place in the city by July 1. It's all a big adventure!! I will find some kind of job and will my husband. He will probably go back to the movie industry. I am soooo looking forward to being in an city and close to family!!! I will miss guests though.
Very cool.
Life is an adventure, after all.
Best of luck to both of you!

regular_smile.gif
Wow. That's some big news!
What will you do next?
How wonderful for you! I hope the next phase of your lives will be filled with all life has to offer you! Congrats.

Thank-you all for your good wishes! I am certainly 'up' for something new as is my husband. If I were a little younger I might even consider Khartoum for a bit. Well ... one never knows! My dear Gino is 18 and may have a few good years left. He's only lived here so I know it will be a big transition for the poor wee guy.Well he is certainly with us until the end!

Thank-you all for your good wishes! I am certainly 'up' for something new as is my husband. If I were a little younger I might even consider Khartoum for a bit. Well ... one never knows! My dear Gino is 18 and may have a few good years left. He's only lived here so I know it will be a big transition for the poor wee guy.Well he is certainly with us until the end!.
Oh yes, it will be a big transition for him. He is an inside cat isn't he? If so, that won't be too bad. Mine were both and I had to keep them inside for 6 weeks so they would get used to the new surroundings. But they adapted fine.

Thank-you all for your good wishes! I am certainly 'up' for something new as is my husband. If I were a little younger I might even consider Khartoum for a bit. Well ... one never knows! My dear Gino is 18 and may have a few good years left. He's only lived here so I know it will be a big transition for the poor wee guy.Well he is certainly with us until the end!.
Oh yes, it will be a big transition for him. He is an inside cat isn't he? If so, that won't be too bad. Mine were both and I had to keep them inside for 6 weeks so they would get used to the new surroundings. But they adapted fine.
No, he goes outside. We won't be able to let him out in the city. Vancouver has a very big coyote problem and it's just not safe for him. Well, we hope he'll adapt or maybe I can have a big dog cage that could go outside so he could lay in the sun. That's about all he does is lay about but he certainly gets annoyed if he can't go out. I think he just enjoys watching us open and close doors for him.
regular_smile.gif

Please don't give up the forum. Always good advice. If you're ever on a road trip down the WA coast, please stop on in. Very best wishes.
thumbs_up.gif

KathleenM

I used to give splits of WV Sparkling Cider and a hand-blown WV goblet to each guest. Then the factory closed because of gas prices. I bought a ton of them (as many as I could afford) while I could get them at a reasonable price but now only give them for special things such as anniversaries, dinner packages, etc.

Congrats on a quick sale. Best as you embark on your new adventure.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be popping in from time to time to see what's happening.

No, he goes outside. We won't be able to let him out in the city. Vancouver has a very big coyote problem and it's just not safe for him. Well, we hope he'll adapt or maybe I can have a big dog cage that could go outside so he could lay in the sun. That's about all he does is lay about but he certainly gets annoyed if he can't go out. I think he just enjoys watching us open and close doors for him.
regular_smile.gif

When I had an indoor cat, I would take him outside occasionally and had a small harness with leash. It worked very well. You can put the small harness on your cat for just a few minutes at a time to get him used to it. Mine took to it really well and would get excited when he saw the harness. Yippee....play time outside. I didn't have to take hold the leash most of the time, but if it looked like he was going to try to climb something, I could take hold of it so he didn't get into trouble.

Well, it will be interesting to see how the 18 yr old 'boss of me' adapts to whatever we try out on him.

regular_smile.gif

When I had an indoor cat, I would take him outside occasionally and had a small harness with leash. It worked very well. You can put the small harness on your cat for just a few minutes at a time to get him used to it. Mine took to it really well and would get excited when he saw the harness. Yippee....play time outside. I didn't have to take hold the leash most of the time, but if it looked like he was going to try to climb something, I could take hold of it so he didn't get into trouble.
Our Daisy (1/2 Maine Coon) loves her harness. I attach it to the leash and then a small dog extenda-leash and when she sees it she gets so excited I have a hard time getting her "saddled-up".
The year before last, when we first got her, I'm ironing when I feel something dropped on my foot. It's the harness. "I'm sorry Daisy, I have to get this done first". Then I feel the leash dropped on my foot. "I'm sorry Daisy I have to get this done first". Then I hear a THUD and a scrape, scrape scrape as she finds, retrieves and drags the the extenda-leash thing towards me before finally picking it up and dropping it on my toe. "OK - you're right, we could both do with a break - let's go".

regular_smile.gif

Our Daisy (1/2 Maine Coon) loves her harness. I attach it to the leash and then a small dog extenda-leash and when she sees it she gets so excited I have a hard time getting her "saddled-up".
The year before last, when we first got her, I'm ironing when I feel something dropped on my foot. It's the harness. "I'm sorry Daisy, I have to get this done first". Then I feel the leash dropped on my foot. "I'm sorry Daisy I have to get this done first". Then I hear a THUD and a scrape, scrape scrape as she finds, retrieves and drags the the extenda-leash thing towards me before finally picking it up and dropping it on my toe. "OK - you're right, we could both do with a break - let's go".
That is really sweet! I will try it.

regular_smile.gif

What a great story! Cats are VERY smart!

regular_smile.gif

Sidetrack on the sidetrack
This video showed up in my email today. The story is supposed to be that the homeowners couldn't figure out the cause of an excessive water bill

regular_smile.gif

Sidetrack on the sidetrack
This video showed up in my email today. The story is supposed to be that the homeowners couldn't figure out the cause of an excessive water bill
I don't even have to open the link to know the video ... it's great. Just to be annoying and extend the side track (sorry GinoCat - you know I love you - and that you'll probably appreciate this).
We have a water cooler in our OQ. There was always a small puddle of water on the floor and DH and I spent months griping at each other - each accusing the other of not putting the bottle in correctly UNTIL we noticed Daisy trying to figure out how to work the spigot. It was funny until she finally figured it out and I caught her holding it down, watching the bottle empty (with all those safisfying "glugs and bubbles" and her personal paddling pool getting bigger.
She was immensely pleased with herself.

Daisy is a smart kitty! Too smart it seems. That's funny.

Daisy is a smart kitty! Too smart it seems. That's funny..
Yes - way too smart (and determined and single minded and feisty) but it's one of the reasons we adore her and she still makes us laugh every single day. As we tell her OFTEN - you're lucky you're so cute.

Back