Sometimes the gorilla is your friend

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I know we all talk about the big businesses we have to deal with that are not looking out for us but for themselves, even tho their businesses are built on our backs, but sometimes it pays to live in a town with a gorilla...we're getting a natural gas pipeline! Hopefully, this will mean we can get rid of the propane tanks in the yard and save a little money on cooking and heating costs.
(BTW, around these parts, the businesses that are here are mostly here because of the gorilla, not the other way around.)

YAY!
Maybe it's not a gorilla... it's a hippopotamus and the other businesses are those birds that have a symbiotic relationship with hippopotamuses.
=)
Kk.

YahHoo!!! I'm glad you're able to climb on that gorilla's back! Cooking with gas would be so wonderful!

Oh, how excited you must be. I remember the day I got to call Wood Propane and tell them to come get their 500 gallon tank when we finally got natural gas run to our community (back in the days when I used to live on land). When I built the house, I kept all of the orfices for the gas appliances (had to swap out the natural gas heads for propane heads). When we got natural gas, I had the parts to convert my appliances back to natural gas. I even put a spigot on the back deck for the gas grill. No more tanks, and no more running out of gas! So, don't forget to re-convert your appliances when you hook up the gas!

YahHoo!!! I'm glad you're able to climb on that gorilla's back! Cooking with gas would be so wonderful!.
Breakfast Diva said:
Cooking with gas would be so wonderful!
Oh, I so much miss cooking with gas! I like a gas cooktop but an electric oven. Ed won't let me have a gas cooktop on the boat. :( Cooking with electric sucks.

Oh, how excited you must be. I remember the day I got to call Wood Propane and tell them to come get their 500 gallon tank when we finally got natural gas run to our community (back in the days when I used to live on land). When I built the house, I kept all of the orfices for the gas appliances (had to swap out the natural gas heads for propane heads). When we got natural gas, I had the parts to convert my appliances back to natural gas. I even put a spigot on the back deck for the gas grill. No more tanks, and no more running out of gas! So, don't forget to re-convert your appliances when you hook up the gas!.
Yes, we have all the parts but it's a state law that the gas company has to do the work. So, whenever it gets here, I still have to call someone to do the hookups. My guess is I will have to pay for the line from the street to my building. So, there's always some bump in the road coming up!

I know you are happy and I am for you!!! This area was developed in the 'all electric' phase so the closest gas line is about a mile away. Oh how I miss cooking with gas!

Gomez will love cooking with gas on the range top. I especially love my dual fuel range - gas cook top & one small electric warming oven and second electric/convection oven. It's the best cooking appliance that I've had in 35 years of marriage. :) The only thing better would be a warming tray and a larger second oven.

Gomez will love cooking with gas on the range top. I especially love my dual fuel range - gas cook top & one small electric warming oven and second electric/convection oven. It's the best cooking appliance that I've had in 35 years of marriage. :) The only thing better would be a warming tray and a larger second oven..
The inn has the gas range, I'm waiting to get one for my space so I can cook a stupid grilled cheese sandwich without setting off the smoke detector!

Gomez will love cooking with gas on the range top. I especially love my dual fuel range - gas cook top & one small electric warming oven and second electric/convection oven. It's the best cooking appliance that I've had in 35 years of marriage. :) The only thing better would be a warming tray and a larger second oven..
The inn has the gas range, I'm waiting to get one for my space so I can cook a stupid grilled cheese sandwich without setting off the smoke detector!
teeth_smile.gif

that is great news since it's what you want.
my house had a propane tank and i paid for the hole from the house to the gas connection in the street ... a few thousand dollars it was. had to save my pennies but was happy to have the tank go away. and then there was a gizmo to be changed on the furnace so that it worked from the line instead of propane. that was a lot less expensive than the digging.
one caution ... nice man that i hired to dig the access hole out to the street asked if i wanted 'clean fill' for my low, uneven back yard. i said yes. wrong! i ended up with mostly broken up road pieces (chunks of lumpy asphalt or whatever it is) in with some dirt. i thought he meant just dirt!!! he delivered it and was long gone when i got home and saw the back yard mess. i should have known he'd be dumping what he dug.
sad_smile.gif

YAY!
Maybe it's not a gorilla... it's a hippopotamus and the other businesses are those birds that have a symbiotic relationship with hippopotamuses.
=)
Kk..
hmmm - isn't it hippopotami? Or Hippopotamice? Or maybe hippopotamooses? .... Oh My (Mi?)
wink_smile.gif

..... who can tell I got a good night's sleep last night !!!!

Back