Song and dance interruption

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Once in a while you are called in to be the "song and dance and magic tricks" for guests as the host, especially if they do not know each other.
Today - second seating was this scenario and I strongly felt the urge to leave the dining room. I found one party who decided I was the only one they wanted to talk to and I was not seated at the table, I was standing at the end with stuff in my hands. So the rest of the people sat there while this person spoke soley to me. It may have been out of nervousness, I suspect. But nevertheless I felt like I was the entertainment and the rest of the table would have liked to hold their own conversations but were being held hostage by ME, not directly, but indirectly.
So I had to make my exits timely, when I could, but each time I came back in I was "ON" again, and it kind of frustrated me.
Just thought I would share this, as it was sort of off putting today. Nice enough guests, don't get me wrong, I just don't like being "the reason" for everything at this inn, it makes me uncomfortable.
Yesterday was another group with this person in the midst and they had some great stuff to share that I wanted in on, but couldn't go or this same distraction.

There is an old SNL skit where the host of the show 'Cawfee Tawk' gets all emotional and says to the audience, 'I'm so verklempt. Please, tawk amongst yaselves.' I use that one a lot when I have to escape. I could also throw in, 'I'll give you a topic,' but they're usually laughing at that point.

There is an old SNL skit where the host of the show 'Cawfee Tawk' gets all emotional and says to the audience, 'I'm so verklempt. Please, tawk amongst yaselves.' I use that one a lot when I have to escape. I could also throw in, 'I'll give you a topic,' but they're usually laughing at that point..
Didn't Barbra Streisand also say this? She was "ferklempt" and wanted the audience to talk amongst themselves - maybe that is what SNL was channeling. Hey, if it worked for Babs...

There is an old SNL skit where the host of the show 'Cawfee Tawk' gets all emotional and says to the audience, 'I'm so verklempt. Please, tawk amongst yaselves.' I use that one a lot when I have to escape. I could also throw in, 'I'll give you a topic,' but they're usually laughing at that point..
Didn't Barbra Streisand also say this? She was "ferklempt" and wanted the audience to talk amongst themselves - maybe that is what SNL was channeling. Hey, if it worked for Babs...
suellen222 said:
The host of the 'show' was a big Babs fan so she was always mentioned.

Oh I remember that skit... always a laugh.... Good one Ike!!!
If I know of a topic that would get them talking, I usually try that.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't you gotta decide if they really want your song and dance or if they want to sit and stare at their food...
Once I thought wrong and got stabed with a bad remark in a review. The way I do it now is if they do not participate or ask questions, I turn OFF. No more one man show for me.

Back