Soon to be new Innkeeper but old hand at hospitality

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CindyLou

Reaction score
Hi!
I will soon be taking up the post of managing a small (6 room) bed and breakfast inn. My hubby and I are looking forward to being far more hands on and able to have direct contact with guests.
I have about 15 years of Resort management experience for mid-sized resorts (160 rooms to 300 rooms) both branded and non-branded and both inclusive and non-inclusive with experience in all facets of management in the Caribbean (although I’m a Northern California girl by birth near Lake Tahoe) and hubby has 5 years as maintenance director and about 5 more on the finance side (he’s originally from England).
We also have extensive F&B experience.
While we both have tons of MOD experience (Manager on Duty) it's not quite the same as a hands on innkeeper role where you might get to see guests who are happy where when you are MOD you are generally dealing with very unhappy guests or some crisis or another.
Anyway I’ve been lurking out here for awhile and thought I’d better join and step out of the shadows! I’ve enjoyed all the posts and am learning!

welcome.gif

How exciting for you!
Best forum for REAL advice ... (even when we don't like it) :)

Welcome! As a newly joined forum member and Innkeeper-to-be, I look forward to reading your posts and helping however I can. Good luck!

Welcome from someone that quickly reads when she’s busy but wouldn’t miss the conversations for anything!

Welcome to the forum! Glad you stepped out and joined us! Grab a seat and stay awhile!

Back