Sorry, the person in charge doesn't take phone calls...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Lately I have been trying a new tactic when I get phone calls trying to sell me stuff for the B&B. I tell them that I'm only an employee who can answer questions about the B&B and the person in charge doesn't take phone calls, he is electronic email contact only. I usually get this pregnant pause on the phone because they don't know what to say next... long enough to say good bye and have a great day. And bang, it's over and done.

Yes! I do that too.
'They NEVER take calls? EVER?'
Yup, that's right.
'Then how do you know what to do everyday?'
Staff phone call in the morning. We get our marching orders, the owners go back to their golf game.

Yes! I do that too.
Yup, that's right.
Staff phone call in the morning. We get our marching orders, the owners go back to their golf game..
Madeleine said:
We get our marching orders, the owners go back to their golf game.
I KNEW that's all real B&B owners do all day!

Yes! I do that too.
Yup, that's right.
Staff phone call in the morning. We get our marching orders, the owners go back to their golf game..
Madeleine said:
Arkansawyer said:
Madeleine said:
Yes, we need to draw a CLEAR line between Inn'KEEPERS' and Inn 'owners'!!

I was talking a few days ago with a wealthy local man in his 80s. He said a few years ago he considered buying a B&B in Hot Springs just so he'd have a place to stay when they go to the horse races there each year!
People with real wealth live in a completely different world from the rest of us. They can even afford PAII memberships.

HaHa - reading the comments here started my day with a good laugh. THANKS!

I was talking a few days ago with a wealthy local man in his 80s. He said a few years ago he considered buying a B&B in Hot Springs just so he'd have a place to stay when they go to the horse races there each year!
People with real wealth live in a completely different world from the rest of us. They can even afford PAII memberships..
Arkansawyer said:
People with real wealth live in a completely different world from the rest of us. They can even afford PAII memberships.
Thank you so much for MY laugh of the day!!

I just received a sales call from some overseas call center. I quite literally could not understand a word this individual said because their English was that bad. When I told them I didn't understand them, he repeated his spiel in very slow but stilted English. "My........name.......is.......Mark.....I........would......like.........to.........speak.......to.....the......general.....manager." "He's not here! ."

People with real wealth live in a completely different world from the rest of us. They can even afford PAII memberships..
Arkansawyer said:
They can even afford PAII memberships.
wink_smile.gif

I love when my husband takes those calls. He insists that this line is for reservations only, "Would you like to make a reservation"? He said he had one poor sales guy almost frustrated to tears. lol

Back