Southern comfort at Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this waterfront Inn for sale in Melbourne Florida. Another example of a gorgeous place in a wonderful location with an absolute crap website. Makes you wonder what it could be if it had a great or even serviceable online presence.

I love this waterfront Inn for sale in Melbourne Florida. Another example of a gorgeous place in a wonderful location with an absolute crap website. Makes you wonder what it could be if it had a great or even serviceable online presence..
and they even admit upfront "The property needs TLC" That's a big red flag in my mind first thing:-(

I love this waterfront Inn for sale in Melbourne Florida. Another example of a gorgeous place in a wonderful location with an absolute crap website. Makes you wonder what it could be if it had a great or even serviceable online presence..
and they even admit upfront "The property needs TLC" That's a big red flag in my mind first thing:-(
Well, an underperforming Inn with a great waterfront location, but a poor website and deferred maintenance is one of the quickest ways to build equity and revenues, if you can swing the financial end of it. Buying perfection is ideal for many, but costs big money, and builds equity and increases revenue very very slowly.
I found it interesting that TA shows 67 reviews for this Inn with a 90% thumbs up. Most of the complaints are policy/innkeeper related, including IMHO the few complaints about the nearby train tracks....people seemed less upset by the train tracks and resultant noise than they were about not being told about it in advance and not having earplugs available. Lots of comments about how beautiful and well appointed it is.
This type of purchase can be very beneficial to buyers....like our nearby gorgeous and well-reputed 53 acre lakefront Inn walking distance to one of Michigan's finest gourmet restaurants. Sold for half it's original asking price due to deferred maintenance and divorce...great deal for the new owners, who are excited by the opportunity to take this jewel, polish it and show it off. Take a well-performing and established Inn and take it to the next level. I'm excited to see it happen, the last owners never did what they could have with the place, IMHO.
It's all about money and smarts. If you don't have one, better have the other.

Well, an underperforming Inn with a great waterfront location, but a poor website and deferred maintenance is one of the quickest ways to build equity and revenues, if you can swing the financial end of it. Buying perfection is ideal for many, but costs big money, and builds equity and increases revenue very very slowly.
I found it interesting that TA shows 67 reviews for this Inn with a 90% thumbs up. Most of the complaints are policy/innkeeper related, including IMHO the few complaints about the nearby train tracks....people seemed less upset by the train tracks and resultant noise than they were about not being told about it in advance and not having earplugs available. Lots of comments about how beautiful and well appointed it is.
This type of purchase can be very beneficial to buyers....like our nearby gorgeous and well-reputed 53 acre lakefront Inn walking distance to one of Michigan's finest gourmet restaurants. Sold for half it's original asking price due to deferred maintenance and divorce...great deal for the new owners, who are excited by the opportunity to take this jewel, polish it and show it off. Take a well-performing and established Inn and take it to the next level. I'm excited to see it happen, the last owners never did what they could have with the place, IMHO.
LB, which property are you talking about in this thread? Just curious!

LB, which property are you talking about in this thread? Just curious!
Sue...this one http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/InnsForSale/fl-melbourne-5281.html

Little Blue said:
....like our nearby gorgeous and well-reputed 53 acre lakefront Inn walking distance to one of Michigan's finest gourmet restaurants. Sold for half it's original asking price due to deferred maintenance and divorce...great deal for the new owners, who are excited by the opportunity to take this jewel, polish it and show it off. Take a well-performing and established Inn and take it to the next level. I'm excited to see it happen, the last owners never did what they could have with the place, IMHO.
No, I meant this one near us!

Little Blue said:
....like our nearby gorgeous and well-reputed 53 acre lakefront Inn walking distance to one of Michigan's finest gourmet restaurants. Sold for half it's original asking price due to deferred maintenance and divorce...great deal for the new owners, who are excited by the opportunity to take this jewel, polish it and show it off. Take a well-performing and established Inn and take it to the next level. I'm excited to see it happen, the last owners never did what they could have with the place, IMHO.
No, I meant this one near us!
The one in Ellsworth.

Back