Southuhn tawk

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Every once in a while I am tickled by some of the southerners and the things they come up with. When they say "Hire yew, yew doin' awright?" and the other replies "Caint complain..."
I just had a call from a lady who was as southuhn as they come and she said they need to get away as they have four or five kids and everthang.
It made me laugh, surely she knows the correct number right? They always say that though, they kind of estimate things, one er two, four er five. Looky-hyeer all dem kids kin be aggervatin jawl.
Jus' thawt I wood hafta give erbody an edgycation on dis seeins how most all-a yall beins yankees.

Haha :) Am wondering how long it took you to spell that post out so we could drawllllll it out correctly?

I live across from the Faar Dept! Come set on my porch a spell en y'all a see the faar trucks goin out.

Well done JB! One of my favorite things about being an innkeeper and meeting folks from all over is listening to their accents. I absolutely love it!

On the side of the road was a sign for 'camp far wood' or, as we Yankees say, 'campfire wood'
:)

What you wrote is the speech that we hear just across the river. My dh, bless his heart, still can't understand most folks from Alabama.
There's Southern, and then there's Southern... :)

Back