Spam Holiday on Innspiring

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
In the past 2 days we have been swamped by pre-holiday spam and many many accounts created only for the purpose of swamping us with more spam within a few days.
To give everyone, including our moderators, a reprieve I have temporarilly turned off new registrations I'll turn them back on after the holidays or sooner if I get a better anti spam method in place. If you know of anyone that legitimately needs an account here, you can always email me (i know, not through the site form because that is currently busted).
I realise this option is a little bit over the top... but I just spend over an hour just removing newly created spam accounts from the past 48 hours, and right now I can not spare that much time.

egoodell

Reaction score
Makes total sense to me. You don't have time for that rubbish. We so appreciate all you do to keep this forum up and running.
RIki

EmptyNest

Reaction score
You do what you have to do. We thank you. Happy Holidays!

Highlands John

Reaction score
Makes total sense to me. You don't have time for that rubbish. We so appreciate all you do to keep this forum up and running.
RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
Agreed.

Silverspoon

Reaction score
We ALL need a holiday from the spam! Thanks for taking care of your end. And Happy Holidays!

Copperhead

Reaction score
Thanks for all YOU do! Have a wonderful Christmas season!

birdwatcher

Reaction score
Ditto for me too-havent been on for a while,but am catching up.