Spam, spam, spam, lovely spam

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
I've never once been inclined to buy or visit a website because of a spam email I've received, they're just all rubbish. They must work on someone or they wouldn't keep sending them but there is one particularly irritating trend in our sector of late.
Some tourism sites have taken to disguising their spam emails to look like booking enquiries. upps is a company sends me one of these almost daily. I look at my list of emails, see what looks like an enquiry, open it and ker-bam. Another spam.
Ok, so they successfully tricked me into opening the email, but now that I'm p****d off, I'm even less likely to use the services of a company that uses underhanded methods than I am to use a company that spams me continually.
Are others getting these?

Yes. I usually look at the sender's email first if I'm not sure. Then I hit the 'spam' button on BOTH of my spam blockers.

HJohn, so what you do is send them an email with the subject line "I'd love to sign up for your top level service plan" and in the body of the email tell them when hell freezes over.
See how they like it.
tounge_smile.gif

HJohn, so what you do is send them an email with the subject line "I'd love to sign up for your top level service plan" and in the body of the email tell them when hell freezes over.
See how they like it.
tounge_smile.gif
I think I'll get a throwaway email account called BeauGusBiz and reply back to these guys saying what you said- I want their top level plan for my websites. (Plural)
Then send another email a few days later saying I waited for a reply back and then gave my business to (pick any other spammer).
I dream.

See how they like it.
tounge_smile.gif
happyjacks said:
See how they like it.
tounge_smile.gif
That appeals to me, I'm going to do that to every email the send.

Back