Spare a Minute?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Innkeeper

Reaction score
Good morning, everyone!
I've been working with SCORE (it's an association that helps small businesses) for about a year now. My SCORE mentor told me about a contest sponsored by SCORE and Sam's Club. It's an essay contest of sorts, but 15% of the overall rating that you get comes from votes you receive for your entry.
Would you take a minute to vote for my inn? http://championship.score.org/entry/9972158
I know I probably won't win the grand prize ($25k), but I do have a real chance of one of the 102 second prizes which is a $1000 Sam's Club gift card and a paid trip to the SCORE regional conference, plus a few other things. There are two second-place winners chosen from each state.
So far, I appear to be the only B&B in the contest. I looked at last year's winners and there were no B&B's or hospitality entries at all. I'm not sure if you can vote more than once. I went thru the rules and did not see it addressed.
Thanks for your time.

voted and will give it a shot tomorrow as well - good luck! its always worth a shot if it doesn't cost anything to enter - our decorator did one and got £2500 worth of money to spend at his paint supplier!

thumbs_up.gif

I have already voted several times. Do they show how many votes you have?
I voted several times today and you do not have to say OK to FB or Twitter (I did not). Found the total (it was 213 right after I voted again after seeing a total of 212 - my vote also). I will go in several times today to add to the total. Trying.

I have already voted several times. Do they show how many votes you have?
I voted several times today and you do not have to say OK to FB or Twitter (I did not). Found the total (it was 213 right after I voted again after seeing a total of 212 - my vote also). I will go in several times today to add to the total. Trying..
Says 220 now ive just done another one - come on peeps! lets get clicking!

It is now 238. I bookmarked it so it will be easier to randomly go vote.

Thanks very much, again! I'm still some votes behind the spice lady. Will have to encourage more facebook fans to vote..
Just checked spice lady to see the number of views and number of votes is on the suspicious side. Your tally looks much more realistic. Fingers crossed for you. Just did my three device thing again.

Thanks very much, again! I'm still some votes behind the spice lady. Will have to encourage more facebook fans to vote..
Just checked spice lady to see the number of views and number of votes is on the suspicious side. Your tally looks much more realistic. Fingers crossed for you. Just did my three device thing again.
It's the high school teens probably....

Voted and shared on FB, but am curious - I meet with SCORE too and they didn't mention the contest! Drats.

Thanks for all who voted. You'll never guess the email I got this afternoon! Take a look at this:
"Hello,
I am vote service Provider, I’ve noticed you are entered in a contest. I can help you get votes at very reasonable rates, as many as you want, but first let me prove to you that I am a legitimate service you can trust. I’m am not a scammer, just looking to form a reliable business service between us. If you will provide me with your grant link, I will provide you with 5 votes for free. Then if you are pleased with my voting service I will follow up with a reasonable quote to get you as many votes as you request.
For 300 votes $50 USD
For 600 votes $95 USD
For 1000 votes $150 USD
IF YOU NEED MORE I WILL PROVIDE YOU UNLIMITES….
OUR OTHER SERVICES:
1. Facebook like
2. Pinterest followers.
3. Instagram followers
For more we should make a good deal
Each an every votes are 100% real. No bots."
Of course, I reported it to my SCORE advisor right away. This just blows me away! I had heard about 'services' like this before - they'll write good TA reviews for you or you can pay them to write disparaging ones against your competitors. But I'd never experienced it myself.

Thanks for all who voted. You'll never guess the email I got this afternoon! Take a look at this:
"Hello,
I am vote service Provider, I’ve noticed you are entered in a contest. I can help you get votes at very reasonable rates, as many as you want, but first let me prove to you that I am a legitimate service you can trust. I’m am not a scammer, just looking to form a reliable business service between us. If you will provide me with your grant link, I will provide you with 5 votes for free. Then if you are pleased with my voting service I will follow up with a reasonable quote to get you as many votes as you request.
For 300 votes $50 USD
For 600 votes $95 USD
For 1000 votes $150 USD
OUR OTHER SERVICES:
1. Facebook like
2. Pinterest followers.
3. Instagram followers
Of course, I reported it to my SCORE advisor right away. This just blows me away! I had heard about 'services' like this before - they'll write good TA reviews for you or you can pay them to write disparaging ones against your competitors. But I'd never experienced it myself..
I took ypu up to 350 this morning before i started with the elope stuff (and that minor requirement to flip the room). Going back now to vote some more for you.

"Hello,
For 300 votes $50 USD
For 600 votes $95 USD
For 1000 votes $150 USD
OUR OTHER SERVICES:
1. Facebook like
2. Pinterest followers.
3. Instagram followers
Of course, I reported it to my SCORE advisor right away. This just blows me away! I had heard about 'services' like this before - they'll write good TA reviews for you or you can pay them to write disparaging ones against your competitors. But I'd never experienced it myself..
Tell 'em, Sorry, but I got a better deal with my friends!!!! Free with love!

"Hello,
For 300 votes $50 USD
For 600 votes $95 USD
For 1000 votes $150 USD
OUR OTHER SERVICES:
1. Facebook like
2. Pinterest followers.
3. Instagram followers
Just broke 400 - keep it up chaps!

I got her up to 500. They told me I have to wit a while before I can vote again. I got 10 in

Back