Speaking of ordering on Amazon

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Since there are Amazon ads to the right on this forum I thought I would mention this...
I ordered a used book on Amazon and it was put through a third party from the amazon site. I was sent their agenda on the "your order has been processed" email receipt and I am not very fond of this practice. I just wish everyone everywhere didn't have a flippin' agenda. I understand different organizations have book sales and book shops to support their cause, but to me you know nothing about the seller when you purchase and I want to keep it that way.
Just a warning in case you too get hit with these type emails. If they begin to spam me I will really get upset.
Reiterating what was said on another thread, it is nice to be political and agenda free on this forum of very strong personalities. Thank you all for helping keep it this way. I will try to steer clear as well, a gentle reminder now and again is just enough nudging. :)
PS It was not worth complaining to amazon over they were just clearly stating who they are and what they do etc. I just wish they would just simply send the book. LOL

I hate when I get the 'your order has shipped' and then the 'don't forget to rate us' and then the 'did you forget to rate us' emails BEFORE I've had a chance to put my cc away!
BTW, if you buy from me on Amazon, I promise you only get the Amazon-generated email when the book is shipped. But I don't know what it says, it might have a description of my 'storefront' in it. I might email if I have a question.
Back in the day, when I did this FT, I would include a list of similar books or books by the same author, just in case. Never amounted to anything, stopped doing it.

Not a worry on yours Mort, if you are now going to tell me my money went to pay for "such and such" that is another issue, that bugs me, plus the whole agenda thing on the email. Provide a link to the RSPCA or something is no biggee, but social and political issues are my peeve.
The more I shop on line the more risky it is becoming. Remember the old days when people were scared to shop online, it is getting back to that again, for diff reasons. I had to explain the Sears & Roebuck catalog the other day and realized we are nearly back to that again! Whowouldathunkit.

Not a worry on yours Mort, if you are now going to tell me my money went to pay for "such and such" that is another issue, that bugs me, plus the whole agenda thing on the email. Provide a link to the RSPCA or something is no biggee, but social and political issues are my peeve.
The more I shop on line the more risky it is becoming. Remember the old days when people were scared to shop online, it is getting back to that again, for diff reasons. I had to explain the Sears & Roebuck catalog the other day and realized we are nearly back to that again! Whowouldathunkit..
Most of the 'charity' bookshops say pretty much their spiel in the book description, which drives me, a bookseller, batty.
I want to know about the BOOK, not what you're going to do with the money. There used to be a bunch on there that were 'SendMyKidToCollege' or some such. Puhleeze.

Back