Speaking of snow...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
...and I know a lot of you don't want to, but, we've apparently set some sort of record...49 states now have measurable amounts of snow on the ground. HI being the only hold out so far.

My brother in Louisiana says the state government and the interstates were closed for 2" of snow and 32 degrees. Wonder if he has more snow than my other brother who lives in VT?

I haven't looked for a forecast for HI lately, but there is usually some snow on the top on Mauna Kea. Can anyone say "ice age" :)

Good thing there's no such thing as a climate crisis...just imagine how bad it might get.....

Good thing there's no such thing as a climate crisis...just imagine how bad it might get......
Dude, political. Don't go there. And don't anybody else go there in response, please. I had enough of this on the PAII boards.

Good thing there's no such thing as a climate crisis...just imagine how bad it might get......
Dude, political. Don't go there. And don't anybody else go there in response, please. I had enough of this on the PAII boards.
muirford said:
It was not meant as a political statement...but point taken. Apologies if you were offended.

muirford said:
It was not meant as a political statement...but point taken. Apologies if you were offended.
Little Blue said:
muirford said:
You didn't offend me. I'm just trying to eliminate the inevitable rhetoric from the usual suspects.

DH is depressed. He just emerged from his cave to tell me he looked at the Weather Channel for our area - SNOW is in the forecast ALL week.

I am looking around and realizing that if it weren't for the snow we wouldn't have gotten a "break" at all this winter. We painted for 4 weeks straight in January (with guests on weekends), and we are only a few weeks away from the busy season. I do believe last weekend when we were snowed in with no guests was the only time off we took! So I'm glad for it. We are forecasted for more this week too.

Dear Al Gore,
Please turn the global warmer back on....I'll pay the tax. We're freezing here in Miami with so many of us without heat...

Dear Al Gore,
Please turn the global warmer back on....I'll pay the tax. We're freezing here in Miami with so many of us without heat....
Again, please cut that out. Everyone's heard the global warming jokes and they really have no place on this forum. These have nothing to do with innkeeping, and they just foster political debate.

Dear Al Gore,
Please turn the global warmer back on....I'll pay the tax. We're freezing here in Miami with so many of us without heat....
Order an electric heater - you can get a small one big enough to heat your room for about $20. Overnight shipping will cast even more but you will be warm! They are small so stow away nicely and easily.

OK, I know you all are fed up, but...it's snowing here! Finally!

We are so SICK of the SNOW! House is cold and drafty...just plain cold inside and out. OK...so not as cold as outside, letss not talk about the electric bill.
I feel you out there in Miami, I lived in Palm Beach in 89-90 and we had a blast of cold come in and we literaly froze...no heat house was windows from ceiling to floor and no carpeting and it was so cold we all slept in one room three kids husband and myself...but hey by the middle of the day it was warm again. I will never forget that all the palm trees where damaged and some had to be cut down..it was terrible!
Its suppose to snow another 4-5 inches with blistery winds and very cold tonight. Cause of the wonderful mountains and the river its funny how on one side of the river there could be a blizzard (or not) and on the other side its sunny (or blizzard) never know. I have never seen so much snow in my lifetime.
Feeding the birds cause they truly hurt when there is so much snow...hope that some of you are doing the same. Had to bring my suet in because a bunch of starling took over my suet feeder...they like suet and abolutely LOVE peanut butter and regular bird seed, hate sunflower seeds though...took them away and havent seen one yet. Have a wren eating a suet that I have hung in my back porch (suppose to be screened in-most need fixing) that is giving me a sweet song. As you can see I am anamored by birds-and I have many here.:)

I went out about 11 this morning and swept off my porch and steps, then used the ice scraper to break up ice chunks (too cold to drip today thank goodness) and shoveled the ice and snow from my steps, stoop, and sidewalk to the curb before I scattered de-ice liberally. Then it snowed and blowed again! I do have cement from porch to street about 4 ft wide. About 30 min ago I went out again, this time I dug out a parking place (I hope it is big enough) in front of the cleared path. No cancel call so I guess they are coming. Heat is on, fruit basket is on the mantle, and I put a heart-shaped box of candy w/little teddy bear attached on the bed with a Dove chocolate rose (they were 1/2 price yesterday) to go with the silk rose petals and Hershey kisses. I will use the red glass chargers a friend sent to me with breakfast tomorrow.
Finally put Christmas in the attic and the 18th century tub of clothes is back on its shelf! DH is happy and I am pooped! I did find a box of those promo swatters I had forgotten I had (they were on the top shelf and I saw them from the pull-down). I thought I was out of them - so I guess the snow did have one benefit.

I went out about 11 this morning and swept off my porch and steps, then used the ice scraper to break up ice chunks (too cold to drip today thank goodness) and shoveled the ice and snow from my steps, stoop, and sidewalk to the curb before I scattered de-ice liberally. Then it snowed and blowed again! I do have cement from porch to street about 4 ft wide. About 30 min ago I went out again, this time I dug out a parking place (I hope it is big enough) in front of the cleared path. No cancel call so I guess they are coming. Heat is on, fruit basket is on the mantle, and I put a heart-shaped box of candy w/little teddy bear attached on the bed with a Dove chocolate rose (they were 1/2 price yesterday) to go with the silk rose petals and Hershey kisses. I will use the red glass chargers a friend sent to me with breakfast tomorrow.
Finally put Christmas in the attic and the 18th century tub of clothes is back on its shelf! DH is happy and I am pooped! I did find a box of those promo swatters I had forgotten I had (they were on the top shelf and I saw them from the pull-down). I thought I was out of them - so I guess the snow did have one benefit..
gillumhouse said:
I did find a box of those promo swatters I had forgotten I had (they were on the top shelf and I saw them from the pull-down). I thought I was out of them - so I guess the snow did have one benefit.
Leave it to you to find the bright side in this!!! :)

Finally put Christmas in the attic and the 18th century tub of clothes is back on its shelf! DH is happy and I am pooped! I did find a box of those promo swatters I had forgotten I had (they were on the top shelf and I saw them from the pull-down). I thought I was out of them - so I guess the snow did have one benefit..
gillumhouse said:
I did find a box of those promo swatters I had forgotten I had (they were on the top shelf and I saw them from the pull-down). I thought I was out of them - so I guess the snow did have one benefit.
Thanks, but I was ready to strangle the guy who stopped in front of the parking place I dug out to knock the snow from his windshield and car - right where I had dug!!!!

gillumhouse said:
Thanks, but I was ready to strangle the guy who stopped in front of the parking place I dug out to knock the snow from his windshield and car - right where I had dug!!!!
I am NOT looking forward to the snow melt...see some damage to gutters and possibly the front porch roof.Which means $$$$$$.Next week I sign up for S.S. (66 now) there goes that money.I still work full time + the B&B for a few more years. I am hoping for a slow snow melt....no flooding allowed. Got to go finish b'fast for the guest...Mary in Bridgewater.

Back