Special Calendar Dates

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I just saw this in the news locally, wondering if you have any special promotions for special dates as this? 10.10.10
For some couples, wedding day already a perfect 10
There's something irresistible about a wedding date with three identical and symbolic digits -- 10/10/10. Thousands of couples and wedding service providers are booked for Oct. 10.

How many even know this "special" day? I sure didn't ;-( So what is the significance other than all numbers being the same? Are the stars aligned or what???

To borrow from the article, whenever there are these dates, people get married like crazy. It happens every year.
There have been plenty of folks here on the forum who are superstitious, so this is just another one in that trend.

Maybe we could add some more biz into 11-11-11 for next year! It is a Friday. Just forward thinking...

We had some make a reservation yesterday who is getting married at 10 a.m. on 10-10-10 and has asked to stay in Room 10 - to the point of paying out guests who are already booked into that room!

My anniversary is already 10/10, and at the time we got married I had NO CLUE that was Columbus Day Weekend. It's always impossible to get away as that is such a busy time. Now I'll have all these bandwagon jumpers to contend with too!
teeth_smile.gif

Get this....I've got a guy coming across the country who comes 2x a year to visit his elderly father. This year his dad turns 100 on 10-10-10. How cool is that?

My brother-in-laws birthday is 10-10-10 - he is only turning 59, but he has been looking forward to this for many years (he is a statistician - go figure!) They are planning a stay at a B&B and taking a hot air balloon ride to celebrate!

My brother-in-laws birthday is 10-10-10 - he is only turning 59, but he has been looking forward to this for many years (he is a statistician - go figure!) They are planning a stay at a B&B and taking a hot air balloon ride to celebrate!.
suellen222 said:
My brother-in-laws birthday is 10-10-10 - he is only turning 59, but he has been looking forward to this for many years (he is a statistician - go figure!) They are planning a stay at a B&B and taking a hot air balloon ride to celebrate!
Cool!
If he stays with us he will get a free bouquet of fresh flowers and we have hot air balloons not too far from here.
tounge_smile.gif
If he is in MD, not too far of a drive.
img_0178.JPG

dsc01229.JPG

I tweeted my online special and had this reply:
"binary 101010 is decimal 42 - the answer to life, the universe and everything!"
So there ya go everyone!!!!
shades_smile.gif

"binary 101010 is decimal 42 - the answer to life, the universe and everything!"
shades_smile.gif
JB,
Thanks for the offer, but I think they have their plans set in Lancaster, PA already. One of these days I am going to make it down to you in VA!! I have an ex-boyfriend who has a business in RM - would love to see what he looks like after 30+ years!
Will send the binary info onto my bil - I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it!

shades_smile.gif
JB,
Thanks for the offer, but I think they have their plans set in Lancaster, PA already. One of these days I am going to make it down to you in VA!! I have an ex-boyfriend who has a business in RM - would love to see what he looks like after 30+ years!
suellen222 said:
JB,
If you tell me who he is I can tell you how weathered he is by now. :)

I wasn't sure whether to put this under the thread forgetting guests names or under this 10-10-10 thread. In any event, I have my first booking from Moscow Russia.
So the names...oi veigh, fogettaboutit, no way I can pronounce them, but it is for the 10-10-10 special I had online, they mentioned it on the rez. So I will run their card, which is an amex with american address attached to it and see what happens. I have their V-code. Thanks rezkey.
Interesting, if nothing else. They have emailed a separate 'normal' email, so I believe it is legit.
Has anyone here ever had guests from Russia? I am excited!
I will have to do an extra geography lesson with the family on this one...

I wasn't sure whether to put this under the thread forgetting guests names or under this 10-10-10 thread. In any event, I have my first booking from Moscow Russia.
So the names...oi veigh, fogettaboutit, no way I can pronounce them, but it is for the 10-10-10 special I had online, they mentioned it on the rez. So I will run their card, which is an amex with american address attached to it and see what happens. I have their V-code. Thanks rezkey.
Interesting, if nothing else. They have emailed a separate 'normal' email, so I believe it is legit.
I will have to do an extra geography lesson with the family on this one....
Leo Tol stoy's grandson stayed with me along with another Tol stoy scholar, an interpreter and a "handler". There were here during primary campaign season, and two of them went with me to hear Hillary give a campaign speech. They were amazed at how close the audience was to the candidate, and said Putin certainly wouldn't go to that much trouble when campaigning
embaressed_smile.gif

I will have to do an extra geography lesson with the family on this one....
We have had many guest from Russia.
Stereotypically speaking (of course NOT all) they tend to be more "demanding" in their demeanor, as we find Germans & New Yorkers to be... (sorry! but true!)

shades_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
shades_smile.gif
This was my bil's reply (I told you he would get a kick out of it!):
In the decimal system, each digit of a number can have a value of 0-9. In the binary system each digit must be either a 0 or 1.
So, in the binary system:
1=1
10=2
11=3
100=4
1000=8
10000=16
100000=32
So, binary 101010 is the same as binary 100000 plus binary 1000 plus binary 10 which is 32+8+2=42.
Don't know about the 'answer to life, the universe, and everything'.

Back