Special Touches for Honeymooners

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Harpie

Reaction score
We have the most lovliest couple staying with us for 3 nights on their Honeymoon. Last night we put a beautiful heart made of Rose Petals and a nice card on their bed. Can anyone suggest anything that we can do for them to make there stay a bit more special. They are out on a fishing excursion at present and won't be back for a couple of hours.
Thanks so much

What about a bottle of sparking juice and a small platter with some cheese & crackers?

do you have any chocolate you can put on a tray on their bed? or other sweets?
or a few fruits in a basket?
sparkling cider and glasses?
a cd player or radio playing romantic music?
if room has a tub, bubble bath and towels piled up or in a basket for them to use?
do you have any flameless candles you can light in their room?
it's very, very nice of you to be planning for them.

I would maybe do the wine/cheese and then that's it. It's nice to do some pampering things but don't get too personal or it might creep them out (it would creep me out, maybe it's just me). Privacy is probably the best gift you can give them at this point.

I would maybe do the wine/cheese and then that's it. It's nice to do some pampering things but don't get too personal or it might creep them out (it would creep me out, maybe it's just me). Privacy is probably the best gift you can give them at this point..
I agree...I make a nice custom card, and tell them that I'm honored that they chose us for their honeymoon....and that's about it!

I would maybe do the wine/cheese and then that's it. It's nice to do some pampering things but don't get too personal or it might creep them out (it would creep me out, maybe it's just me). Privacy is probably the best gift you can give them at this point..
InnsiderInfo said:
I would maybe do the wine/cheese and then that's it. It's nice to do some pampering things but don't get too personal or it might creep them out (it would creep me out, maybe it's just me). Privacy is probably the best gift you can give them at this point.
It would creep the heck out of me if I returned to my room and found lit candles all over the place, rose petals sprinkled all over the bed, and romantic music playing. It gives the impression that the innkeeper is urging the couple to quickly procreate or something. No thanks...
If they were my guests, I would provide them a simple bouquet of flowers and a congratulatory card. That's it.
All guests deserve the privacy whether they are on their honeymoon or not.

haha .... creeped out? ?
my youngest son and his wife were over the top about the sandals on st lucia that did these things for each night of the entire week of their honeymoon stay. they loved it.
and, just to clarify, i wasn't suggesting all things be done, just one little thing.
tuckedinn asked for some suggestions, so i gave them.
to each his/her own

We do a bottle of wine with a card for most occasions. If you're doing everything else right, and most of you sound as if you are, then the other stuff is superfluous.

We do a bottle of wine with a card for most occasions. If you're doing everything else right, and most of you sound as if you are, then the other stuff is superfluous..
Are you permitted to give out wine in your state? We are not allowed to do so in VA without the liquour license. And,besides that, our insurance company will not allow us to serve alcohol to guests..... even if we have a liscense.:-(

We do a bottle of wine with a card for most occasions. If you're doing everything else right, and most of you sound as if you are, then the other stuff is superfluous..
Are you permitted to give out wine in your state? We are not allowed to do so in VA without the liquour license. And,besides that, our insurance company will not allow us to serve alcohol to guests..... even if we have a liscense.:-(
catlady said:
We can give it away, but we can't sell it without a liquor license.

Back