Special Treatment

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had been looking for a muffin top pan locally and hadn't found one. While at Michael's one day, in the cake section found heart shaped cake pan. There are 6 small cakes on the one pan, like a muffin pan but only about 1 inch deep. So a little thicker than a muffin top pan. I make muffins in it and always get comments about it.
But you could do something like that with small heart shaped cakes and freeze them. Have them ready for your guests. Or serve in am like I do with muffins..
hawley said:
I had been looking for a muffin top pan locally and hadn't found one. While at Michael's one day, in the cake section found heart shaped cake pan. There are 6 small cakes on the one pan, like a muffin pan but only about 1 inch deep. So a little thicker than a muffin top pan. I make muffins in it and always get comments about it.
But you could do something like that with small heart shaped cakes and freeze them. Have them ready for your guests. Or serve in am like I do with muffins.
Target has them in the dollar bin at Valentines. I know that doesn't help right now, but that's where I got my 'silpat-style' PINK muffin 'tin'. Great idea to bake and freeze little cakes in them. Love it!
I will have to hit the stores after valentines day and see what I can find. Thanks for the reminder.
At St. Pat's day, I looked for anything that might look good on a miniture tree, but didn't find anything. Found things for other holidays. (red glass hearts at Michaels after valentines)

Here I am, applying brakes...
Be careful how much you do for whatever reason. They may be so delighted they write it up on TA. 'Wonderful host, she GAVE us (list here) and all because we told her it was our anniversary.' Shoots your paid package right in the foot.
Second, when they arrive they may be total PITA's and you've just laid out your heart and soul (for free).
You know most guests are wonderful, but not a few times it has turned out that the worst guests are the ones we tried to 'do something special' for.
And you don't want to wear yourself out at the start of the summer!

Be careful how much you do for whatever reason. They may be so delighted they write it up on TA. 'Wonderful host, she GAVE us (list here) and all because we told her it was our anniversary.' Shoots your paid package right in the foot.
Second, when they arrive they may be total PITA's and you've just laid out your heart and soul (for free).
You know most guests are wonderful, but not a few times it has turned out that the worst guests are the ones we tried to 'do something special' for.
And you don't want to wear yourself out at the start of the summer!.
It's OK... my dh is stuck with being the parachute, which is a real drag, but I generally plow ahead most of the time. The reality is, when you're a drag racer it's good to have a parachute... I'm used to it, sort of.
Anyway, I'm thinking I'm not doing "the whole shebang" (whatever that is), but more of a trial run. On the phone at least she's absolutely not a pita... changed her rez from Fri/Sat to Sat/Sun (which works better for me since I don't have a check in on the 4th) and was very, very grateful that I would be so accommodating. Why not? I still get two nights, the room is available either way, and it frees up my 4th. Works for me!
=)
Kk.

And you don't want to wear yourself out at the start of the summer!.
It's OK... my dh is stuck with being the parachute, which is a real drag, but I generally plow ahead most of the time. The reality is, when you're a drag racer it's good to have a parachute... I'm used to it, sort of.
Anyway, I'm thinking I'm not doing "the whole shebang" (whatever that is), but more of a trial run. On the phone at least she's absolutely not a pita... changed her rez from Fri/Sat to Sat/Sun (which works better for me since I don't have a check in on the 4th) and was very, very grateful that I would be so accommodating. Why not? I still get two nights, the room is available either way, and it frees up my 4th. Works for me!
=)
Kk.
It's funny, I think we alternate being the parachute.
regular_smile.gif
Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's him. Like this forum, I'd have 'no comment' on everything if I listened to all his advice.

Well, I bought the pans but never found time to make the cake. I gave them a bottle of sparkling cider. Today when I fluffed their room I did silk rose petals and added a big white teddy bear (apparently this is her first trip where she didn't bring at least one along with her). And we did the breakfast in bed this morning, which was a hit.
=)
Kk.

Back