Special Treatment

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
I have a couple coming for a 5th anniversary/never-had-a-real-honeymoon. Our target market is not romantic getaway, but I love it when I get them. I know some of the things that you wise ones do, but I need to review and glean some ideas for how I can make this weekend something truly wonderful for this couple.
What do you do?
Thanks!
=)
Kk.

We did a small heart shaped cake and sparkling cider for couple, When in season, I have a bouquet of fresh flowers in the room and had an anniversary card for them. Of course, you can throw silk rose petals on the bed, I also did a silk long stem rose which they could keep. Turn down with chocolates on the pillow and candles glowing ( battery powered ones) and fireplace on ( electric) with mood music on for when they got back from dinner.

One night or two?
Depends on how much $$ you throw at it.
Something nice if it is one night - you can buy a single red rose and put on the pillow or bed in one of those florists tubes (that way she can take it with her) this is less expensive than a bouquet and I think JUST as much bang for your buck.

One night or two?
Something nice if it is one night - you can buy a single red rose and put on the pillow or bed in one of those florists tubes (that way she can take it with her) this is less expensive than a bouquet and I think JUST as much bang for your buck..
Oh sure JBJ, edit your post and make it look like I am talking non-sense. Come on, put the photo back, it was funny. (I knew you would be dangerous with that edit button)
tounge_smile.gif

One night or two?
Something nice if it is one night - you can buy a single red rose and put on the pillow or bed in one of those florists tubes (that way she can take it with her) this is less expensive than a bouquet and I think JUST as much bang for your buck..
Oh sure JBJ, edit your post and make it look like I am talking non-sense. Come on, put the photo back, it was funny. (I knew you would be dangerous with that edit button)
tounge_smile.gif

Interesting that YOUR post dissappeared.
The ones I have from the florists are thin green tubes. I just grabbed that from google images. I thought you were a scientist, didn't look a beaker to you? oh brother.

Two nights. No fireplace in the room. I like the cake and flower idea.
Any other ideas?
=)
Kk.

One night or two?
tounge_smile.gif

Interesting that YOUR post dissappeared.
The ones I have from the florists are thin green tubes. I just grabbed that from google images. I thought you were a scientist, didn't look a beaker to you? oh brother.
No it didn't

Any other ideas?
=)
Kk..
I don't go over the top. I buy a pack of genevas (small chocolate candies) with a specialty sugar candy on top. I try to have the hearts style ones on hand whenever I remember to pick them up.
I have a notecard I write a congratulatory greeting in and put those in the room.
We've been told that even tho they told all the B&B's they were on their honeymoon, we're the only place that did anything for them. Small as it is.

BREE WROTE: We've been told that even tho they told all the B&B's they were on their honeymoon, we're the only place that did anything for them. Small as it is.
Yes it is the way it is. That is why something even very small is very thoughtful. Heck writing their name on our board makes is all that special for them.

Any other ideas?
=)
Kk..
I haven't gotten the cake pans yet.
I stole JBJ's idea of using a Symphony Bar (I have them on hand for this brownie recipe) and actually found some anniversary cards at the dollar store that go with that music theme, something about partners in a dance or something & then I'll write "May you continue to make beautiful music together".
My wedding night guests took our silk rose petals as a souvenir, so I need to get some more - you could do that since they didn't really have a honeymoon before.
Since you have them for 2 nights, you could do 2 smaller things for each night...that seems to be really well received :)
Have fun with it!!

I have silk rose petals and Hersheys kisses on the duvet. I get a single red rose and have the florist put a water pik on it and it is wrapped up with greenery and baby's breath. I slip the card to the husband for him to sign in his special way. He slips it back to me and it is put with the rose (at dinner if one is booked or if he gets it back to me quickly enough it is on the bed when they come back from dinner). I also have mouth-blown WV goblets and give them the goblets & cider saying the goblets are a gift from the Gillum.
We had a birthday Bike & Winery last week and dessert with dinner was a small birthday cake. I put it on a paper plate after dinner and wrapped it up for them to take home.
Whatever you decide to do, I am sure it will be appreciated. Just sit down and think for a minute - what would make ME feel special if it was done for me? That is what you do for them.
Use my "bell" at breakfast! Have the juice on the table and let her ring for the fruit course, then ring for the entree......

I think I'm going to use them as guinea pigs for a romance package. If I can pull it off on a holiday weekend when there's a lot going on, then I can figure out what to charge and start promoting it on my website.
=)
Kk.

I think I'm going to use them as guinea pigs for a romance package. If I can pull it off on a holiday weekend when there's a lot going on, then I can figure out what to charge and start promoting it on my website.
=)
Kk..
I just got another reservation for 4th of July weekend that's a wedding night! Both one night stays. The first one started out as a 2 night stay & the gal emailed me to cancel because she said they really couldn't afford it, then emailed back to keep just one night. Obviously tight on money so they wouldn't be candidates for a romance package. Soooooo....I'll try & put some things in the room to make it special for them.
Let us know what you come up with for your guests.

I had been looking for a muffin top pan locally and hadn't found one. While at Michael's one day, in the cake section found heart shaped cake pan. There are 6 small cakes on the one pan, like a muffin pan but only about 1 inch deep. So a little thicker than a muffin top pan. I make muffins in it and always get comments about it.
But you could do something like that with small heart shaped cakes and freeze them. Have them ready for your guests. Or serve in am like I do with muffins.

I had been looking for a muffin top pan locally and hadn't found one. While at Michael's one day, in the cake section found heart shaped cake pan. There are 6 small cakes on the one pan, like a muffin pan but only about 1 inch deep. So a little thicker than a muffin top pan. I make muffins in it and always get comments about it.
But you could do something like that with small heart shaped cakes and freeze them. Have them ready for your guests. Or serve in am like I do with muffins..
King Arthur flour sells the muffin top pans online, I believe.
Jeanne

But you could do something like that with small heart shaped cakes and freeze them. Have them ready for your guests. Or serve in am like I do with muffins..
Jeanne
Thanks, I had found them on amazon and some other online places. But they were alot more expesive plus shipping, so just had them on my wish list for awhile. Am happy with this pan of hearts I found at Michaels for now. Still might buy the muffin top pans some time though.

Jeanne
Thanks, I had found them on amazon and some other online places. But they were alot more expesive plus shipping, so just had them on my wish list for awhile. Am happy with this pan of hearts I found at Michaels for now. Still might buy the muffin top pans some time though.
I have those same heart pans - they are pretty shallow but wide so the muffin is still substantial. I make a orange-chocolate muffin in those pans for Valentine's Day, dusted with confectioner's sugar, and put one on every bread plate (rather than on a cake stand for family-style service).
Jeanne

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot about my roses! I think she can't do chocolate (which I just can't imagine!) but I can do them in white chocolate. And I have some mini-hearts, four to one pan, that I can use for muffins at breakfast.
I might just pull out the stops... like I mentioned in a previous post, I could make it a trial run on a romance package. I'm thinking I'll make a 6" layer cake decorated with those roses, spread some silk rose petals on the bed, chill some sparkling cider, add some battery votives in holders, and a long stem red rose (not a bouquet since they're not buying a package). If I can pull it off on the 4th of July weekend with family guests visiting, then I know I can offer it on my website.
Thanks to everyone for the great ideas!
=)
Kk.

hawley said:
But you could do something like that with small heart shaped cakes and freeze them. Have them ready for your guests. Or serve in am like I do with muffins.
Target has them in the dollar bin at Valentines. I know that doesn't help right now, but that's where I got my 'silpat-style' PINK muffin 'tin'. Great idea to bake and freeze little cakes in them. Love it!

Back