Special visitors to our B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

egoodell

Reaction score
We have masses of butterflys right now too. It's beautiful!
Riki

One Day

Reaction score
very nice..
you keep the camera in your back pocket ?
Wish I carried a camera every where........so much of what I do and all around me I should be taking pictures of.

Red Handed Jill

Reaction score
Lovely.
I had an enormous one land on me last week while enjoying the rocker on the porch. I almost came out of my skin (really, it must have been the size of a small bird...or chihuahua...or something). My 5yo looked at me with disdain and said, "It's only a butterfly...:"

Samster

Reaction score
Gorgeous! We saw the most beautiful butterflies weekend before last in NC too. They were everywhere. I'm not seeing any here and I have some plants that usually draw them.
Maybe it's too hot here??

Copperhead

Reaction score
Beautiful. Great for your blog & your website...the colorful beauty will reel the guests right on in.

Don Draper

Reaction score
They don't call it a "Butterfly Bush" for nothin'! GREAT pics Joey!!!

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Great pictures! I need to get a new camera.

Once we figured out how to get the deer and rabbits to leave our butterfly garden alone, we've also had a massing of butterflies not to mention hummingbirds. The garden is positioned in such a place that our guests are entertained by this fabulous display at breakfast each morning.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I have tons of those yellow butterflies here at my house too, I also have one of these black & blue butterflies, seems to only be one of these though. My Butterfly Bush is about 8ft tall, even after cutting it back in Fall!

JBloggs

Reaction score
For those unfamiliar with the butterfly bush, they drink the nectar and get a bit inebriated so you can gently put you palm beneath them and they will flutter around. it is fascinating!
I came home to three large black and blue butterflies today as well. I just love them. (Unlike the rhino beetle I saw the other day, not into Rhino beetles and didn't even know they lived around here!)