Special visitors to our B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
lrg_Butterflies_ClaiborneHousebedandbreakfast%20%282%29.jpg

lrg_Butterfly_Bush_ClaiborneHouseBedandBreakfast.jpg

We have masses of butterflys right now too. It's beautiful!
Riki

very nice..
you keep the camera in your back pocket ?
Wish I carried a camera every where........so much of what I do and all around me I should be taking pictures of.

Lovely.
I had an enormous one land on me last week while enjoying the rocker on the porch. I almost came out of my skin (really, it must have been the size of a small bird...or chihuahua...or something). My 5yo looked at me with disdain and said, "It's only a butterfly...:"

Gorgeous! We saw the most beautiful butterflies weekend before last in NC too. They were everywhere. I'm not seeing any here and I have some plants that usually draw them.
Maybe it's too hot here??

Beautiful. Great for your blog & your website...the colorful beauty will reel the guests right on in.

They don't call it a "Butterfly Bush" for nothin'! GREAT pics Joey!!!

Great pictures! I need to get a new camera.
cry_smile.gif

Once we figured out how to get the deer and rabbits to leave our butterfly garden alone, we've also had a massing of butterflies not to mention hummingbirds. The garden is positioned in such a place that our guests are entertained by this fabulous display at breakfast each morning.

I have tons of those yellow butterflies here at my house too, I also have one of these black & blue butterflies, seems to only be one of these though. My Butterfly Bush is about 8ft tall, even after cutting it back in Fall!
butterflies%20017.jpg

For those unfamiliar with the butterfly bush, they drink the nectar and get a bit inebriated so you can gently put you palm beneath them and they will flutter around. it is fascinating!
I came home to three large black and blue butterflies today as well. I just love them. (Unlike the rhino beetle I saw the other day, not into Rhino beetles and didn't even know they lived around here!)

Back