Specials and Promotions Gift Card for Your Inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Saw an ad on tv for a furniture store that is giving away $50 gift cards with purchase of $500 or more. But looking at them they are Gift Cards for the furniture store itself.
Have you done this or considered doing this, ie in light of the B&B's Kick Gas promotion, instead of a $25 gas card, how about a $25 Gift Card for future use at YOUR B&B!? Or participating BWTS inns. Midweek, no cash value, not combined with other discounts or special offers etc. Keeping it simple.

I actually think that is a fabulous idea for a package like the BWTS promo - if the point is to get lifelong converts to B&Bs and not just bargain hunters looking for a discount. Better still if you could get a circle of B&Bs to do it interchangeably - so they could try out others, too.
Select Registry has a passport style program, similar - stay at 3 SR inns, get $25 off at the fourth one. It works pretty well, I think.

This is a great idea to keep the $ within the B&B realm. What a nice idea it would be if all the BWTS advertisors would get together to accept this instead of all the other packages out there. This would promote more B&B travel.
Excellent idea... have you suggested this on the paii forum?

I like it! Especially if it has an expiration date. Would you also put a limit on it that it could not be combined with other offers? Or is it truly, $25 bucks off? What do you think?

I have given out GC's to guests who purchased laege amounts of GC's. The buyers have never set foot in the place. They should just give their GC to someone else.
I think it's a great idea. Because they are not paid for, they can expire.

I actually think that is a fabulous idea for a package like the BWTS promo - if the point is to get lifelong converts to B&Bs and not just bargain hunters looking for a discount. Better still if you could get a circle of B&Bs to do it interchangeably - so they could try out others, too.
Select Registry has a passport style program, similar - stay at 3 SR inns, get $25 off at the fourth one. It works pretty well, I think..
muirford said:
Select Registry has a passport style program, similar - stay at 3 SR inns, get $25 off at the fourth one. It works pretty well, I think.
Great idea. This definitely should get suggested to PAII.

I emailed this to Marti Mayne who is PR Contact for "Better Way to Stay" I explained how many of us participatein the STASH TEA BOGO, so maybe it could be similar to that, with the GC redeemable for midweek stays only, and only participating inns. Not BOGO, but a dollar amount, like monolpoly money. $25 or something. Not combined with other discounts of offers. no cash value. non refundable.

I emailed this to Marti Mayne who is PR Contact for "Better Way to Stay" I explained how many of us participatein the STASH TEA BOGO, so maybe it could be similar to that, with the GC redeemable for midweek stays only, and only participating inns. Not BOGO, but a dollar amount, like monolpoly money. $25 or something. Not combined with other discounts of offers. no cash value. non refundable..
thumbs_up.gif
Let me put on my guest hat here - that would be a great promotion as it doesn't require buying something else, staying x number of nights, or keeping track of something really (except the card). It would definitely make me think to come back and perhaps stay longer!

Thanks Samster. Since it is not purchased it would not constitute people being difficult with trying to get refunds, cancellations etc., it would just go toward their reservation $.
And not $$ toward add ons. Not combined with other discounts or promotions.

Thanks Samster. Since it is not purchased it would not constitute people being difficult with trying to get refunds, cancellations etc., it would just go toward their reservation $.
And not $$ toward add ons. Not combined with other discounts or promotions..
Yes, K.I.S.S.!
regular_smile.gif

DUH! Had not thought of that - excellento!!! I would definitely participate.

Personally I do not want the liability on my books of oustanding GC's esp with all the new laws that relate to non expiry. For a Inn that does a lot of business, maybe ...

Back