Specials for Valentines Day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free bottle of wine. Free so we don't run afoul of ABC law.
Free Sweets & Treats package
And we always have in room fresh cut flowers and offer breakfast in bed every weekend.
There is no such thing as "free wine". As far as the ABC is concerned, you factored that in the price of the package. Tread lightly, my friend.

And we always have in room fresh cut flowers and offer breakfast in bed every weekend.
If you don't have an ABC License and give away alcohol..you are opening yourself up to trouble and, what does your insurance have to say about that. Ours said NO ALCHOHOL!
EmptyNest said:
If you don't have an ABC License and give away alcohol..you are opening yourself up to trouble and, what does your insurance have to say about that. Ours said NO ALCHOHOL!
Our rules are pretty much: guest paid for room + alcohol in room = guest paid for alcohol. We used to be able to leave wine out where anyone could have it, but somewhere that got changed. Or, it was never allowed but people did it anyway.
Given the number of inns in my town that have alcohol in packages, a lot of people got the license. But the rules are onerous to us.

Are you trying to attract guests or do something for those who are already booked in? That is the question you need to ask first.
Attract guests - then promote a month of love getaway, as mentioned it is not just on the one day. Don't make it tacky drugstore gradeschoolisms, make it classy, and that always involves red roses - one is elegant - more than one they pay for (as they are at a premium for this occasion). If you can hook up with a restaurant for a dinner/stay getaway I would try that, but most likely they will already offer it and won't want to play.
But the best advice I can give is to make sure you are available AFTER Valentine's day to scoop up all the 50-75% off deals on HEART and LOVE memorabilia. A throw pillow that reads LOVE is a great addition to your guest room. Simple, not inundated.
My 2 cents. Most people think getting away and going out to dine is enough of a gift, so all the extra add ons may not go over as well as we think they should.

EmptyNest said:
Our rules are pretty much: guest paid for room + alcohol in room = guest paid for alcohol. We used to be able to leave wine out where anyone could have it, but somewhere that got changed. Or, it was never allowed but people did it anyway.
Given the number of inns in my town that have alcohol in packages, a lot of people got the license. But the rules are onerous to us.
in the UK its classed as free gift with purchase it its to stop people doing say buy a packet of crisps for £15 and get a free bottle of wine

Back