Speed Matters

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
http://gtmetrix.com/
Test your homepage! (There are dozens of website optimizers out there, and more detailed reports, this one is good to use to compare your website with another B&B website, I find this tool helpful! Mainly look at the LOAD TIME, maybe you have too many images or they are not compressed on your home page? Give it a shot. I hope this helps someone today. B&B website DO require more images, but be careful on the homepage overloading it, people won't wait!)
Speed matters.[/h2]
Studies show that users leave a site if it hasn't loaded in 4 seconds; keep your users happy and engaged by providing a fast performing website!

Interesting. I have tried on a few of mine..they have A's B's and C's :-( One has really bad...and it is one I actually purchased a WORDPRESS template for....so not much I can do with that one I suspect if I continue to use the template and it's codes. OH well.
4 seconds is a pretty short time. I don't know many sites that load that quickly...unless you have really high speed connection.

Interesting. I have tried on a few of mine..they have A's B's and C's :-( One has really bad...and it is one I actually purchased a WORDPRESS template for....so not much I can do with that one I suspect if I continue to use the template and it's codes. OH well.
4 seconds is a pretty short time. I don't know many sites that load that quickly...unless you have really high speed connection..
I do not have a reliable high speed connection. Crappy old school phone lines here. And yet, most of the sites I tested came in around 2 seconds. It used to be that people would wait 7 seconds. Yikes.
No attention span here at all. I will bounce off a site almost as fast as JB, but not quite.
I also noticed that sites built with WP templates are slow(er).

4 seconds is a pretty short time. I don't know many sites that load that quickly...unless you have really high speed connection..
I do not have a reliable high speed connection. Crappy old school phone lines here. And yet, most of the sites I tested came in around 2 seconds. It used to be that people would wait 7 seconds. Yikes.
No attention span here at all. I will bounce off a site almost as fast as JB, but not quite.
Alibi Ike said:
Hey I resemble that remark!
The thing is if they have google ads then DANG they are as slow as molasses in January...
slower than a herd of snails going through peanut butter
slower than a one legged dog on tranquilizers
slower than an octagenerian in ankle weights
slower than stalagmites
slower than my Mom trying to work a DVD player

Ok, my page load time came out as 3.98 seconds, I am just in time!
wink_smile.gif

Yep....and I am not worrying about it either. The sites I have done in WP are getting plenty of traffic so it is ok with me. I also just looked at some sites from a few of the "experts" They sites I looked at....got C's :-( So if they don't care..neither do I :)

I also looked at the expert sites and they seem to have much more on the homepage and slower load times.

Back