Spell checker needs tweaking!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Cancellation is misspelled according to the spell checker here. It wants 'cancelation'. This is one of the most awkward words we have to use all the time! Cancel-canceled-canceling-cancellation.

If I try to go back to fix a misspelled word, I have to go back and delete back to the wrong letter because it puts it to the end of the word, not where it belongs. Not a big deal, just a pain in the......

There are two theories on it. I noticed that myself..
I tried just putting the word cancelation in a Google search box and that comes back and says 'Showing responses for cancellation. Do you want to see cancelation?'
Then all the dictionaries show it as cancellation. I wonder if different search engines show different results based on what they've got loaded?

There are two theories on it. I noticed that myself..
I tried just putting the word cancelation in a Google search box and that comes back and says 'Showing responses for cancellation. Do you want to see cancelation?'
Then all the dictionaries show it as cancellation. I wonder if different search engines show different results based on what they've got loaded?
Madeleine said:
I take an article from an online source edited to add - (I am supposed to do this, nothing illegal) to edit it and paste into WORD and every time, the two battle it out! haha

The spell checker is the free version of a rather expensive service... I don't know if they keep a few annoying entries like cancellation just to remind you of its "free-ness" It is also interesting that right clicking on it and selecting "add word" doesn't seem to last beyond the page that you are on.

The spell checker is the free version of a rather expensive service... I don't know if they keep a few annoying entries like cancellation just to remind you of its "free-ness" It is also interesting that right clicking on it and selecting "add word" doesn't seem to last beyond the page that you are on..
Nothing we can't live with. Thanks for all you do!!!

The spell checker is the free version of a rather expensive service... I don't know if they keep a few annoying entries like cancellation just to remind you of its "free-ness" It is also interesting that right clicking on it and selecting "add word" doesn't seem to last beyond the page that you are on..
Interesting marketing idea! Free version has 'problems', paid version does not. I had one of those directories pull that on me...I emailed to get all of the misinformation corrected and they sent me a bill.
Free is good.

Interesting marketing idea! Free version has 'problems', paid version does not. I had one of those directories pull that on me...I emailed to get all of the misinformation corrected and they sent me a bill.
Free is good.
Madeleine said:
Free is good.
It is the same with all the free stuff, ie you can have this free editor but you will have the logo and name across every page or image, or you can upgrade and pay and have nothing from us on the page.

Back