Spiders!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have these little buggers all over. They are Spiney-backed Orb spiders.
orb.jpg

They are less than 1/2" across, yet they can weave a web overnight that spans 12 feet or more. We usually find them when we're out hiking our trails: they build their webs across the trails and we walk right into them. Ptu!

These are great photos keep em coming. They are such brilliant spiders!

orb.jpg

They are less than 1/2" across, yet they can weave a web overnight that spans 12 feet or more. We usually find them when we're out hiking our trails: they build their webs across the trails and we walk right into them. Ptu!.
Whoa...cool! Never seen anything like that...I would think twice before messing with it, that's for sure!

orb.jpg

They are less than 1/2" across, yet they can weave a web overnight that spans 12 feet or more. We usually find them when we're out hiking our trails: they build their webs across the trails and we walk right into them. Ptu!.
Whoa...cool! Never seen anything like that...I would think twice before messing with it, that's for sure!
InnsiderInfo said:
They're harmless. I think they look like little crabs. They come in colors too!

I HATE SPIDERS!! You guys can keep all of them at your places and leave mine free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK! I used to have nightmares that my bed was covered in them and they were falling from the ceiling onto me, never had such bad nightmares as those!
sad_smile.gif

I HATE SPIDERS!! You guys can keep all of them at your places and leave mine free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK! I used to have nightmares that my bed was covered in them and they were falling from the ceiling onto me, never had such bad nightmares as those!
sad_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl said:
sad_smile.gif
Next time you have nightmares about spiders, think about all the
SNAKES UNDER YOUR BED!!!!
evil2.gif

sad_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl said:
sad_smile.gif
evil2.gif

PT, you're bad!!!! But I love it!

We seem to have an abundance of spiders, bees, and ants this season, even though we have our bug lady come and spray every spring. I guess the bugs are getting more resilient to it :/

sad_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl said:
sad_smile.gif
evil2.gif

Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
sad_smile.gif
evil2.gif
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
I think I would actually rather have a snake under my bed than a spider IN my bed! But I can say that since I've never had one under/in my bed! LOL!

Back