'Splain this one to me Lucy

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Caller wants to book a room for an event weekend. I have rooms available, all the prereserved rooms at the hotels are gone. I tell her the price. Mind, all the hotel rooms are gone. She says, 'Well the hotels had rooms at $xxx.'
Hmm. The hotels HAD rooms at $xxx, now they don't. And you want me to what? Reduce my price to what you can't get at the hotels so you can cram all your friends in for $30/each?
But, now that I know that weekend is booked I'm not lowering my prices.
Interesting that the hotels are doing rooms for $119 and these folks are being told that's a 'special deal'. That's the usual rate.

Don't waste your breath "splaining" to them :) These are the ones that "just don't get it!"

If the hotel is full, time to put up the price..
exactly! demand and supply baby! Mind I told a guest that is comming next year the price (they stayed this year) they were surprised the price has gone up. Felt like saying well VAT (tax) has gone up 3% and bread alone has gone up 5% so to make only the same money I have to put my price up about 10% just to keep on the same level! people have no brains at all.

Back