'Splain this to me

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
We are having work done around the house. The workers have left all of their equipment in one parking space, at the very end of the lot, so out of everyone's way.
Why are guests parking in the space right next to all the equipment when the rest of the parking lot is empty? I've had to ask them to move so the workers can start early in the morning and they keep parking in the same space whenever they return. I don't want to be responsible for the problems arising from the workers bumping into the car to move their equipment around!
It would be easier for the workers to be able to park their truck next to their equipment, but they've had to park at the other end, completely away from their stuff.

Put up a sawhorse or some sort of barrier in that parking space if you do not have cones (doesn't everyone have orange cones?).

Murphy at it again! If you put a sign up saying PARK HERE - they would park anywhere but!

Put up a sawhorse or some sort of barrier in that parking space if you do not have cones (doesn't everyone have orange cones?)..
If I thought she would SEE that, I would. But last night, when I mentioned the equipment, she said, 'Where is it?' Hello! Ask the person who got out on the passenger side what she had to crawl around.

put YOUR car there and then move it in the morning.
there must be something appealing about the space - shade? ease of walk? or just odd guest preference

there must be something appealing about the space - shade? ease of walk? or just odd guest preference.
Near as I can tell, Yellowsocks got it right...magnetic!

there must be something appealing about the space - shade? ease of walk? or just odd guest preference.
Yep.
But Seashanty's solution is the one I use when I want to make sure a parking space stays free.
Park your car there until the workers arrive.
Otherwise you can just guarantee the magnetism is going to pull them to that spot every single time.

Yep.
But Seashanty's solution is the one I use when I want to make sure a parking space stays free.
Park your car there until the workers arrive.
Otherwise you can just guarantee the magnetism is going to pull them to that spot every single time.
I guess I thought they wouldn't park there again! And they kept commenting on how much the workers were doing and how their car didn't seem to be in the way at all (so there! telling us we had to move the car, we didn't, did we!)
Taking a deep breath. Going on vacation. None of it matters. Will be happily parking in the wrong spot myself tomorrow, complaining about the cold breakfast and whatever else goes wrong (as something always does!) Hoping the new car survives the trip. Etc. Etc.

Back