spo keo dot com

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I don't know if this is really new or not, maybe some of you have heard of this...I had not...one of my relatives just shared this with me,
"There's a site called spo keo dot com that's a new online USA phone book with personal information: everything from pictures you've posted on FB, your home address, credit score, home value, income, age, etc.
Remove yourself by searching your name, copy the URL of your page, go to the bottom right corner and click on private and follow directions to remove your name."
I know there is lots of info on line that we don't even realize is out there, but seeing right there in your face and then offering it for sale to whomever wants to pay for it...gets a bit scary. And then of course, they link to some other site that promises to clear your information from the web....for a price !!! RIGHT! So they want to get you either way. And then you would probably have to pay by cc and then they would have your #...NO WAY JOSE!!!

There are so many pages out there that aggregate all of your data in one place that there really should be an overall opt out button. Like opting permanently out of receiving cc application forms.

Some very inaccurate info on there too.
On DH there is our current address with some info, our old house with some wrong info, and then his old work address with even more wrong info.
But I appreciate a nice bird's eye view of the home we built back in the PacNorthwet! Wow seeing all those new homes built all around there.
Good to know I couldn't find either kids on there. I might pay the fee as a parent to see all that was there.

Some very inaccurate info on there too.
On DH there is our current address with some info, our old house with some wrong info, and then his old work address with even more wrong info.
But I appreciate a nice bird's eye view of the home we built back in the PacNorthwet! Wow seeing all those new homes built all around there.
Good to know I couldn't find either kids on there. I might pay the fee as a parent to see all that was there..
I did a search on Google of my name and I was amazed at some of the sites that popped up and all of the misinformation out there. However, rather than fix it, I'll just leave it confusing and save myself some grief.

EmptyNest said:
I don't know if this is really new or not, maybe some of you have heard of this...I had not...one of my relatives just shared this with me,
"There's a site called spo keo dot com that's a new online USA phone book with personal information: everything from pictures you've posted on FB, your home address, credit score, home value, income, age, etc.

Remove yourself by searching your name, copy the URL of your page, go to the bottom right corner and click on private and follow directions to remove your name."
I know there is lots of info on line that we don't even realize is out there, but seeing right there in your face and then offering it for sale to whomever wants to pay for it...gets a bit scary. And then of course, they link to some other site that promises to clear your information from the web....for a price !!! RIGHT! So they want to get you either way. And then you would probably have to pay by cc and then they would have your #...NO WAY JOSE!!!
Good site Spokeo!!
TruePeopleSearch is similar people finder site.

Back