Sponsorship

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
One of the boons to online marketing, ie social media, is that plenty of people follow you and get your feeds. I hope we get stuck in their craw and they tell people about us!
I just had our local PBS station call after seeing our picnic package images, they follow us and love our place...love it so much they called to ask for corporate sponsorship.
I laid it out on the table for them, DH works outside the inn full time +, and at the inn, we are a family owned and operated Business, and I don't get a pay check.
She told me it was only $1000 for 6 months. I started choking on the phone. Humorous-like. I am the dullard for not getting the local exposure...as always.

I love the PBS network here as well. And due to that we were involved several years in their annual on the air auction, it just got to be that giving 1 certificate was not enough for them... always wanting us to step up. Sorry, I'm at the top of my ladder! They now have fallen off my ladder.

Same thing with me CH. I would give 6 and they "inadvertently" gave away 8. Right. After 2 years if this inadvertent occurrence I gave 0 from then on.
I had a call this morning from someone - she said the company name so fast I did not get it, with an offer of my business name on all these promotional materials and shipped to me for "next to nothing". I told her unless it was nothing it was not being shipped here. Goodbye.
Speaking of promo materials: I got a pen last month as a sample. Nice pen with a light in the top of it. It was even imprinted with my company name:
GILLUM HOUSE BED & BREAK
How many do you think I ordered?

Same thing with me CH. I would give 6 and they "inadvertently" gave away 8. Right. After 2 years if this inadvertent occurrence I gave 0 from then on.
I had a call this morning from someone - she said the company name so fast I did not get it, with an offer of my business name on all these promotional materials and shipped to me for "next to nothing". I told her unless it was nothing it was not being shipped here. Goodbye.
Speaking of promo materials: I got a pen last month as a sample. Nice pen with a light in the top of it. It was even imprinted with my company name:
GILLUM HOUSE BED & BREAK
How many do you think I ordered?.
gillumhouse said:
. . .
GILLUM HOUSE BED & BREAK
How many do you think I ordered?
You could reserve them as a notice gift to your "very special" guests.
wink_smile.gif

Back