Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Silverspoon

Reaction score
Apple Butter
2 cups apple sauce
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cloves
5 Tbs corn starch
Combine and cook until very thick. Cool before using and store in refrigerator.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have added honey to softened butter and also have done a tad of cinnamon in the butter. A sprinkle of dill would give an interesting butter.

Generic

Reaction score
I have added honey to softened butter and also have done a tad of cinnamon in the butter. A sprinkle of dill would give an interesting butter..
Our organic farmer gave us violas one year, we mixed them with butter, orange zest and a bit of honey to make a nice spread. But I can't get organic violas for eating all of the time :)

Weaver

Reaction score
We have a Pennsylvania Dutch market that sells cheddar cheese powder. I mix it with butter and serve with southern buttermilk biscuits.
Fresh finely grated cheese with butter is better but this will do in a pinch and great with a little garlic on broiled french bread.
For the peanut butter lovers (great for kids), best peanut butter you have, a drizzle of honey, 1 part softened butter to 2-3 parts peanut butter, a pinch of cinnamon to taste. Mix well. Kids that love peanut butter will slather this on anything from apples to pancakes.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a Pennsylvania Dutch market that sells cheddar cheese powder. I mix it with butter and serve with southern buttermilk biscuits.
Fresh finely grated cheese with butter is better but this will do in a pinch and great with a little garlic on broiled french bread.
For the peanut butter lovers (great for kids), best peanut butter you have, a drizzle of honey, 1 part softened butter to 2-3 parts peanut butter, a pinch of cinnamon to taste. Mix well. Kids that love peanut butter will slather this on anything from apples to pancakes..
THAT is the one I have been trying to remember - when I did dinners, I would mix garlic powder into the softened butter and put it into the domed individual butter dishes. That went over VERY nicely.

Silverspoon

Reaction score
I have added honey to softened butter and also have done a tad of cinnamon in the butter. A sprinkle of dill would give an interesting butter..
Our organic farmer gave us violas one year, we mixed them with butter, orange zest and a bit of honey to make a nice spread. But I can't get organic violas for eating all of the time :)
I do just the butter, orange zest, honey and a tad of orange juice (without the violas) as a butter for French toast. For a savory butter, tarragon and a tad of white wine works well and is great on toast.