Spring Flowers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Ok, I just had to share a pic of some of my early irises before the rain comes today and messes them all up. These are called Lemon Pop. They are med. height and are some of the first to bloom in spring. They multiply like rabbits!!! My favorite one of all I have.
lemonpopiries.jpg

Beautiful! I love irises. Ours are at least a month from blooming. The tulips and daffodils haven't even bloomed yet, and they got hammered (literally) with 5" of heavy, wet snow yesterday. It all came down in less than two hours. Sigh.

Beautiful! I love irises. Ours are at least a month from blooming. The tulips and daffodils haven't even bloomed yet, and they got hammered (literally) with 5" of heavy, wet snow yesterday. It all came down in less than two hours. Sigh..
Oh my...my niece in CO posted a pic on her facebook page...14 inches yesterday!!!! UGH!!!

Gorgeous! My irises are just starting to come up now, but my tulips haven't even opened yet.

I got some iris photos today too!
Teensie little wild Irises I took today on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I was on my hands and knees with my face to the ground to get this photo. Things you step over and never see - that was the goal in my mind. Oh and I ate wild ramps. Yes, we have them here too, I tried one.
lrg_Wild_Iris.JPG

CL did you notice many more buds on each stem this year compared to years past? Our yellows and lavenders are partially opening, now we have drizzle and the whole yard is doing the happy dance.

CL did you notice many more buds on each stem this year compared to years past? Our yellows and lavenders are partially opening, now we have drizzle and the whole yard is doing the happy dance..
THese are about the same as last year. They always seem to do well. I'll see when the next batch pops out. NO rain here and we do need it.

I put in flats of Pansies last week. They lasted 2 days before they were annihilated by the deer.
Now I have to redo them all with things deer don't eat.
*Sigh*
The worst part is that I know better. I love Pansies and I thought "maybe, just maybe this year will be different" .

I put in flats of Pansies last week. They lasted 2 days before they were annihilated by the deer.
Now I have to redo them all with things deer don't eat.
*Sigh*
The worst part is that I know better. I love Pansies and I thought "maybe, just maybe this year will be different" ..
Guests from southern New England drool over my hostas...even my mother's hostas, which are planted along her driveway so the deer are practically sitting in the car to eat them are decimated every year.

So pretty!!!! Thanks for sharing.
What is a favorite summer flower that flowers all summer? I need a few more that flower for a long time.
These don't bloom all summer but I am very fond of Hostas.

Beautiful! Our iris are almost all finished blooming here in the South. Pansies are flowers that we plant in the Fall and Winter here. They'll be on their last legs pretty soon when the temps are consistently high. I still have some annuals in flats that I need to find a home for. We had some lovely Spring thunderstorms this weekend that were really, really needed so I didn't finish my planting.

Beautiful! Our iris are almost all finished blooming here in the South. Pansies are flowers that we plant in the Fall and Winter here. They'll be on their last legs pretty soon when the temps are consistently high. I still have some annuals in flats that I need to find a home for. We had some lovely Spring thunderstorms this weekend that were really, really needed so I didn't finish my planting..
dandilions.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. We're having a gorgeous spring, but the dandilions are most bountiful!

Beautiful! Our iris are almost all finished blooming here in the South. Pansies are flowers that we plant in the Fall and Winter here. They'll be on their last legs pretty soon when the temps are consistently high. I still have some annuals in flats that I need to find a home for. We had some lovely Spring thunderstorms this weekend that were really, really needed so I didn't finish my planting..
dandilions.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. We're having a gorgeous spring, but the dandilions are most bountiful!
Dandelions are one plant that closes up shop right at 5 o'clock and reopens again during normal business hours again at 7am.
Here is some trivia on medicinal purposes, making it into coffee etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taraxacum

dandilions.jpg

When we lived in Switzerland, that's what the front yard looked like along the long drive. My mother & I went out and picked the leaves for salad. Didn't taste bad but it definitely sounds better in French. haha!

As I was coming in from the store (he is now even willing to try yogurt - previously a no way due to sugar content - to try to get his system back to normal), I found a bright spot in his current condidtion. He will not be out there with the shears attacking my azaelas and other plants. My azaela bushes are less than half what they were last year - he decided they needed to be "cut back"., and they are in a location he does not travel in.

Back