Spring images - get em while they're hot!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
As always, I like to remind innkeepers to get those photos in and out of seasons to use on your facebook page, blog, directory listings, etc. If you take them NOW you will have them to promote for next year, or when someone wants to do a press release and voila you have some photos!
Keep your camera handy, and ready to go!
Here is what happened this morning. It is 70 degrees at 9am and the guests from Maine were loving it. (The pollen is INDEED high today, as well)
FB/Twitter/G+/Pinterest Post today:
"With a "wintery mix" back home in Maine, guests sat near the ponds with their coffee this 68 degree morning! Here are our guests under our Weeping Elm at 8am today. What a day in Blue Ridge Country Virginia!"
Click here for image on twitter.
Meanwhile last year Spring came a month early. This year, the trees to the left are bare, and they are dogwoods and usually have already begun blooming. Our Asian Maggie near the porch is done by end of March and just now rampin' up!

Yeah, tell me about spring... I have a couple of crocuses. And the Siberian Squill is starting to make an appearance.

Here it looks like JB's. Forsythia at its max, saucer magnolias ("tulip trees"), ornamental cherries going above and beyond the call of duty, Bradford Pears doing their usual thing (I'm getting tired of them), still have jonquils and grape hyacinths going strong. Best spring in at least 12 months!

Took these yesterday. Approaching 90 today..so they won't be around for much longer:-(
Bluemont_0.jpg
forsythia_0.jpg

daffodils_0.jpg
heather_0.jpg

Took these yesterday. Approaching 90 today..so they won't be around for much longer:-(
Bluemont_0.jpg
forsythia_0.jpg

daffodils_0.jpg
heather_0.jpg
I really miss forsythia...always reminds me of the beginning of Spring! They don't do well this far South. Bulbs don't seem to do well in our area either, maybe the soil is too sandy. I do have a couple of lonely iris. :)

hurumph, we had a snow storm last night and there is more to come. I want to fire our weather people.

"Boing Boing Boing"
That is the sound of Spring!
I often say Spring is just as vibrant as Fall, perhaps it is the stark contrast from the bare brown sticks that miraculously turn into leafy blooms? It roars into this part of the country like a steam train!
See ALL OF MY PHOTOS from today here: http://blog.claibornehouse.net/2013/04/boing-boing-boing.html
(I took these as we had an innterested party email about this B&B being for sale) so I figured I would go and get these today!)

"Boing Boing Boing"
I often say Spring is just as vibrant as Fall, perhaps it is the stark contrast from the bare brown sticks that miraculously turn into leafy blooms? It roars into this part of the country like a steam train!
See ALL OF MY PHOTOS from today here: http://blog.claibornehouse.net/2013/04/boing-boing-boing.html
(I took these as we had an innterested party email about this B&B being for sale) so I figured I would go and get these today!).
Just lovely!!!

"Boing Boing Boing"
(I took these as we had an innterested party email about this B&B being for sale) so I figured I would go and get these today!).
Beautiful shots! Had to admit when I saw your fb page I saw the boing, boing, boing is the sound of...and didn't think spring!
embaressed_smile.gif

"Boing Boing Boing"
Beautiful shots! Had to admit when I saw your fb page I saw the boing, boing, boing is the sound of...and didn't think spring!
embaressed_smile.gif

white pine said:
embaressed_smile.gif
Yeah! You got it. Made you look! haha

Back