Spring Photos 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Please share you spring photos with us as they arrive bursting out of the bud!

Good Lord we are still up to our necks in snow! We still have at least 3 feet on the ground!
confused_smile.gif
Please, please, send us some warm weather! I fear we are months away from seeing any daffodils. I am sooooo jealous!

Great photos & sequence is perfect!
Just caught a woodpecker hanging upside down on a tree branch. I called out to DH to look at the bird hanging upside down... his first thoughts was RUN it's a bat!

Makes me really wish I could buy Claibornehouse now.
Right now it is minus 30 degrees calcius which is the same as minus 22 fahrenheit. A long ways til spring and it still snows here every day. I'm jealous too!

We have 100 acres of parkland in our town center and every year the crucuse (can't spell) come out like a blanket so they have just started to come out so I am going to zip down and take some pics even better is later in the year when all the cherry trees come out in bloom.

Oh, that was wonderful! Junie is ADORABLE! And now I can't wait for peony season. Our daffodils are just pushing up here, we have snow drops blooming but that's it. Lots of warm rain this weekend will probably get things moving.

Makes me really wish I could buy Claibornehouse now.
Right now it is minus 30 degrees calcius which is the same as minus 22 fahrenheit. A long ways til spring and it still snows here every day. I'm jealous too!.
It was below 0 (Fahrenheit) here this morning, too. Not THAT far below, tho.

I went to bed Thurs and woke up to our plum tree in full blossom. Our Saucer Magnolia out front had pods/buds but no color, I went out hour by hour yesterday to see more and more blooms wide open. (Like time lapse photography before my eyes!)
It was 78 F yesterday and then poured down last night and 65 blue skies today.
This morning I drove out Route 122 and 2 hours later came back the same road and all the Bradley Pear trees had bloomed (from the time I went past the first time!) as well as the Red Buds, and a half dozen others in pink, white, yellow and red.
Spring is something else! Those who do not have definite seasons miss out on this MAGIC!
(Grab the antihistamine though there is no turning back now!)

I went to bed Thurs and woke up to our plum tree in full blossom. Our Saucer Magnolia out front had pods/buds but no color, I went out hour by hour yesterday to see more and more blooms wide open. (Like time lapse photography before my eyes!)
It was 78 F yesterday and then poured down last night and 65 blue skies today.
This morning I drove out Route 122 and 2 hours later came back the same road and all the Bradley Pear trees had bloomed (from the time I went past the first time!) as well as the Red Buds, and a half dozen others in pink, white, yellow and red.
Spring is something else! Those who do not have definite seasons miss out on this MAGIC!
(Grab the antihistamine though there is no turning back now!).
Yep..my husband is out mowing the yard right now. All my daffodils are popping out. And Fluffy discovered a nest of baby squirrels last night. I didn't know it then so I kept him in all night on the sunporch. FIrst thing this morning..he dashed out the door right to the burrow. count: 3 dead...3 still in the hole. The old guy of 18 still has it in him...but only picks on babies :-( He is in all day now.

Fluffy you cad!
HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!
May the sun shine and the flowers bring change to your heart and life...

Fluffy you cad!
HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!
May the sun shine and the flowers bring change to your heart and life....
We discovered last night that it is actually a rabbit warren. The mother came to take care of them after dark. He's still watching for the other 3 to come out. Sorry to say ..they will be dead meat..if Fluffy has anything do say about it :-(

Fluffy you cad!
HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!
We discovered last night that it is actually a rabbit warren. The mother came to take care of them after dark. He's still watching for the other 3 to come out. Sorry to say ..they will be dead meat..if Fluffy has anything do say about it :-(
catlady said:
I just think it is funny, how could a dude named "Fluffy" be such a "Tuffy!"
Our dog is an Irish Jack Russell bred for mousing, we had some innmates here when she found some baby chipmunks, she has not found anything else ever, she chases squirrels, but never catches them. We were sad... we do send her under the basement when we are in there to sniff out stuff and she finds the exact spot of anything dead every time.

Fluffy you cad!
HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!
catlady said:
I just think it is funny, how could a dude named "Fluffy" be such a "Tuffy!"
Our dog is an Irish Jack Russell bred for mousing, we had some innmates here when she found some baby chipmunks, she has not found anything else ever, she chases squirrels, but never catches them. We were sad... we do send her under the basement when we are in there to sniff out stuff and she finds the exact spot of anything dead every time.
We have the opposite extreme. Ralphy is about 100lbs of black fuzz. He is we think golden retriever chow and lord knows what. When he finds a baby animal or bird he will stand over it and wag his tail! He once got excited and picked up a mouse, but set it back down very softly--it was fine.

Back