Spring Special

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I love the day after holidays - especially the ones with candy! That is when I buy mine for ME! (Saddlebags do notneed it, but it is soooo good)
This morning I bought the plastic eggs that were 50% off - giving me 36 of them for $2.50. Printed up a shet of labels on plain paper and cut them apart and DH is currently sitting in the wheelchair (out of bed! YEA!!) filling 30 of the eggs with discounts. Feel free to "steal" the idea. Our Tourism Division is going to post it on their web site and it is on mine also.
Have a Hap py Gil lu m Eg g Hu nt!
Do you have weekdays off? Are you retired? We have a bowl full of eggs with treasure inside. Make a 2-night Sunday thru Thursday reservation and on arrival, choose your egg. Inside the eggs are Hap py Gil lum Eg g Hu nt messages to announce how much you just took off your total. 3 eggs have 10%; 3 eggs have 15%; 3 eggs have 30%; 9 eggs have 20%; 9 eggs have 25%. There are also 3 eggs that have 50%. The Egg Hunt cannot be combined with any other Specials or discounts. Valid Sunday thru Thursday until May 14, 2010.
(added spaces so we do not come up on this site with a search)

Sounds like a cute idea...but why go into all the detail about % and number of eggs. Just say "pick and egg and get from 10-50% off your room rate" Or something like that. I wouldn't read all of this if it is on a web site.

Sounds like a cute idea...but why go into all the detail about % and number of eggs. Just say "pick and egg and get from 10-50% off your room rate" Or something like that. I wouldn't read all of this if it is on a web site..
It actually is not that much to read. Why the detail? So they know there are more than one 50% off and the chances of picking an egg with 20 or 25% off are the freatest. This shows the deck is stacked in the favor of the guest,

Sounds like a cute idea...but why go into all the detail about % and number of eggs. Just say "pick and egg and get from 10-50% off your room rate" Or something like that. I wouldn't read all of this if it is on a web site..
It actually is not that much to read. Why the detail? So they know there are more than one 50% off and the chances of picking an egg with 20 or 25% off are the freatest. This shows the deck is stacked in the favor of the guest,
Hi--glad to hear DH is "up" and about. I think this is a clever idea. I assume that it is a limited time promotion. It needs to be an incentive to book, you don't want to give away a discount to someone who will book anyway.
We did something similar between our shops as a leprechaun hunt during the deadest retail season. We made people go from place to place finding the leprechaun to get a discount. Generated a lot of foot traffic, and brought people in who had not been in before. Not sure how this could be done as a B&B promo tho. Folks looked for it each year too!

Hi--glad to hear DH is "up" and about. I think this is a clever idea. I assume that it is a limited time promotion. It needs to be an incentive to book, you don't want to give away a discount to someone who will book anyway.
We did something similar between our shops as a leprechaun hunt during the deadest retail season. We made people go from place to place finding the leprechaun to get a discount. Generated a lot of foot traffic, and brought people in who had not been in before. Not sure how this could be done as a B&B promo tho. Folks looked for it each year too!
Since I already have many of the weekends booked, I made it a weekday bookings 2-night only.

Back