St Patrick's Day Breakfast Ideas

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
135671007494013327_TtLVjTms_f.jpg

I made one similar to this one several (ok many the kids were little) years back. I used a basic sugar cookie recipe with natural green paste food coloring and mint chocolate chunks.
A chocolate chip cookie has brown sugar and the molasses in the brown sugar messes with many of the food colorings. I made the mint chips myself with natural semi-sweet chocolate and natural mint extract, melted, cooled, and then cut into chunks of various sizes.
This was back when oldest was living at home and everything we consumed was chemical and preservative free.

Key lime yogurt on fruit course.
Fruit course could have all green fruit - apples, pears, kiwi.
Didn't someone make green eggs and ham at some point?
Plenty of zucchini in a quiche or frittata.
Green salsa with eggs.

What the heck is that cookie? Just food coloring or flavoring, too?
Madeleine said:
Not sure, I can imagine some color and possible mint essence. Since choco-mint is a good combo, like thin mints the girlscouts sell.
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Not sure, I can imagine some color and possible mint essence. Since choco-mint is a good combo, like thin mints the girlscouts sell.
Here it is... http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/mint-chocolate-chip-cookies/22bebeda-ea36-441a-9909-ae78409d6da6

Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Here it is... http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/mint-chocolate-chip-cookies/22bebeda-ea36-441a-9909-ae78409d6da6
I had these at a christmas part. Very tasty cookies

Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Creme de menthe baking chips? I have never seen them here at my stores.

Back