Stairs and Private Bathroom

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Well this is a first. I get up this morning to an online reservation. Yea! THEN I READ IT!!! (or was half asleep when she made the reservation)

First she reserves the Harris Room with the Private Bath option. Those with ReservationKey know it only displays available rooms for dates requested. ONLY ONE was shown to her because the other 2 rooms are booked, and that means there IS no private bath option. Then in the reservation Notes she writes:

Husband is handicapped. He can walk with difficulty. If the room is upstairs, are there goof handrails?
ALL the info is on the website - I say ALL ROOMS ARE UPSTAIRS. Obviously this one cannot read ID the room is upstairs?

Sigh, I will call her after I serve breakfast to my current guests and explain there IS no room to block off for a private bathroom - the other room is booked for a family from London and their baby and there is a good handrail - but it is up 15 steps. I will post what she says.

She booked. Sounded very nice. Hooray for my side!!

AND as a bonus, the folks who were here this weekend (the one who booked the rooms calls me Mom) has decided they need one more trip in to clear out the parent's house - so they asked about the 4th expecting it to be booked - it is now and I do not have to be trying to do rehearsals etc. around guests - I serve whatever for breakfast & they are happy and I just do! I WIN!!! 4-nights again!

Last edited:
People who refuse to read and research must jump from problem to problem every day of their lives! But they're rather do that, every day, than take the time to read.

It's a matter of wrote here that the people who will book our 3 rooms located at the top of our 140-year-old narrow staircase are guests In their 70s using walkers and bringing 50-pound suitcases. It's the law!

In their 70s using walkers and bringing 50-pound suitcases.
GoodScout, as one of those old people, it does seem that when/if we get travel it requires taking everything but the kitchen sink with you on a trip. Fortunately, as the one toting the junk, ours didn't go to the 3rd floor, but included my suitcase, her suitcase, "Big Bertha" the oxygen machine, the portable oxygen, the breathing machine, snack, and the cake for mom that fell out of the container and rolled across the grass. I need a bigger truck :)

On the other hand, I had a call,yesterday from a woman who said, “ if I’m reading this right on your website, you have a first floor room with a step in shower. “. I said, “it has a step in shower with a seat, grab bars and a hand held shower head.” She said, “I love you!”

I then reminded her she would need to manage five stairs to get into the house. She made the reservation and can’t wait.

We only have one room on the first floor and it was available for her.

Back