STAND OUT!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would I cantact to put the router in?.
MTLLodge said:
Who would I cantact to put the router in?
I would start with asking your internet provider. Do you have DSL? Cable? Sattelite?
You can also call up any computer/internet service in your local town to get the name of a tech person to help you. The router should be less than $100 and my local computer wiz charges $50 an hour. It would take less than an hour to set it up.
Thanks Breakfast Diva! Boy I tell you country livin is just so different the big city living. I'll check into it.

don't post a pic of the neighbors pond and leave the impression it is yours.
However.....view pics are doable....after all many show view pics of mountains, hills, rivers, oceans....they don't own it.....but they show it as the view from the establishment.
As long as you make it known that it is a view pic, something seen from the property....fine.
Do ask the neighbor though.
Interesting thing.....next door to me they have a renter in the basement....doesn't drive.....coworkers or a taxi picks her up for work....this year the taxi has been stopping in front of my house, and I have seen the girl standing in my driveway waiting....couple weeks ago. I had asked the driver of the taxi what house # did she give......she gave my house #.
I have through the years had people take pictures of themselves in front of my house.....and many parents taking pictures of their kids in front of my house.......I'm flattered, it's a bit disturbing though....it's cool, so I just go with the flow........years ago........another neighbor, 2 daughters had gotten married.....both had asked to have bride pictures taken in my backyard...this I understand.......the backdrop, the surroundings.........just wondering if any of these folks have ever mentioned. "oh these pictures were taken at a very nice house, not ours".
I would allow this but would want copies to put on my web site etc no one would want to have pics with us as we face a street and have only car park at the back LOL

MTL, you could set the router up yourself, I swear it's pretty simple....directions are included.

Who would I cantact to put the router in?.
MTLLodge said:
Who would I cantact to put the router in?
I would start with asking your internet provider. Do you have DSL? Cable? Sattelite?
You can also call up any computer/internet service in your local town to get the name of a tech person to help you. The router should be less than $100 and my local computer wiz charges $50 an hour. It would take less than an hour to set it up.
Thanks Breakfast Diva! Boy I tell you country livin is just so different the big city living. I'll check into it.
MTLLodge said:
Ain't that the truth!!

MTL, you could set the router up yourself, I swear it's pretty simple....directions are included..
wendydk said:
MTL, you could set the router up yourself, I swear it's pretty simple....directions are included.
Thanks Wendydk I'll look into it.
MTLLodge said:
wendydk said:
Thanks Wendydk I'll look into it.
Very easy... almost plug and play.

Three words: THEY DON'T READ.
Most here will attest that even if you have done everything right on a website, blog, etc., there are still a vast majority of guests who don't read what you've posted.
What's the biggest lie most guest tell? It's that little click box: "I have read and understood your policies"

Most here will attest that even if you have done everything right on a website, blog, etc., there are still a vast majority of guests who don't read what you've posted.
What's the biggest lie most guest tell? It's that little click box: "I have read and understood your policies".
Proud Texan said:
What's the biggest lie most guest tell? It's that little click box: "I have read and understood your policies"
Yep the only time they go and read them are when they want to cancel the day of arrival...
RIki

Thanks all, we now have WIFI!!!!!
cheers.gif

Back