Stand up desk

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
OK, like I don't spend enough time on my feet, I just changed my desk from sit down at to stand up at. I raised the computer keyboard up so I can stand at the desk. So far my feet hurt. And I'm bored. It's no fun surfing the web standing up! I set my tablet up on the ironing board so I can play games and read my mail standing up. I did the crosswords in the paper standing at the ironing board.
We'll see how long this lasts.

I need to find a way to try that. This slumping over the keyboard is killing my back.
The gals in my chiro's office stand at their desks all day! They said it was hard at first but now it is the only way they want to do their work.
I paid a fortune for my desk and no way to change it to work standing up.
Will be looking for something to try out

I got 27 pillowcases, assorted dresser scarves, and a stack of napkins ironed today while I finally rested my knees at my sit-down desk. It is wonderful to find a teenager who is WILLING to work!!
Next project after the roof is finished is for her and her boyfriend to come wash down the ceiling and the siding on my porch. And when they finish that will have a can of paint for them to paint my porch pillars and front trim, sand down the wrought iron failing, and paint it black again. Thank you pipeline workers!! And tourists are starting to move around again.

From what I've learned, the key is variation. Don't sit all the time, don't stand all the time. If you can only do one or the other, sit.
Last time I was in Sweden my son (was once my exchange student but we evolved) showed me his desk at the bank where he works. It's electric and he can adjust the height from sitting to standing level. He varies it throughout the day. Swedes know stuff about health and safety. In fact, they're obsessive about it.
Slumping over the keyboard has nothing to do with standing or sitting. It has to do with slumping. Stop that.

From what I've learned, the key is variation. Don't sit all the time, don't stand all the time. If you can only do one or the other, sit.
Last time I was in Sweden my son (was once my exchange student but we evolved) showed me his desk at the bank where he works. It's electric and he can adjust the height from sitting to standing level. He varies it throughout the day. Swedes know stuff about health and safety. In fact, they're obsessive about it.
Slumping over the keyboard has nothing to do with standing or sitting. It has to do with slumping. Stop that..
I'm just varying the amount of time sitting. If I have to stand, like right now, it's better for me. Now it's reminding me of the old days at IBM. We didn't have chairs there and all the 'terminals' were set up high.

Have you ever tried sitting on one of those big exercise balls? It's supposed to be great for strengthening your core muscles.

Have you ever tried sitting on one of those big exercise balls? It's supposed to be great for strengthening your core muscles..
I tried that some time ago. I may have to get it out of the basement and try again. I need something to force me to sit up straight :)

Back