Starting to Learn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I am beginning to see how to use FB. DUH!
Yesterday I did a blog about a ramp festival in a city too far away to have folks stay with me but posted it with a photo I did a couple years ago of ramps. And then did a share of it with a link to my blog. According to my biz page it has 4 shares and has been seen by 119 people. For me that is a wow! Maybe I will get the hang of this stuff before it becomes passe and is replaced with 3 other things.Oh, too late. I think that has already happened.

that is awsome, i wish the owner would use more social media-cause thats were it is, i know everyone is fighting it, but it truthfully is its like word of mouth only its word of Facebook, blog it, twitter and all the other social networks...

I just stopped at a local meat shop I didn't know about until I found them on FB. Can't believe I've missed this place all these years. They were great! The owner took me into the back room where they process the meats and trimmed and cut up a whole beef tenderloin for my add-on dinners.
I'm really happy to be able to get fresh cuts locally from a small mom & pop family business. They make their own sausages, smoked hams, etc.
FB is great for this kind of stuff!

I just stopped at a local meat shop I didn't know about until I found them on FB. Can't believe I've missed this place all these years. They were great! The owner took me into the back room where they process the meats and trimmed and cut up a whole beef tenderloin for my add-on dinners.
I'm really happy to be able to get fresh cuts locally from a small mom & pop family business. They make their own sausages, smoked hams, etc.
FB is great for this kind of stuff!.
Breakfast Diva said:
FB is great for this kind of stuff!
Many have bypassed any sort of website and only use facebook. I find that all the time around here, amazing places and businesses I never knew about! There is the guy who smokes the pork/ribs who only tells us on FB. Place your order... it is awesome!

FB is great for this kind of stuff!.
Absolutely!

You never know what may hit their 'like' and 'share' so just keep posting! Pictures (as we have been told endlessly) are where it's at... As JB has stated, you should make sure your photos are marked with your B&B name and website! People may not read where the share came from but if they see it VISUAL on the Pic.!
Two weeks ago I took a pic of the local Azaleas in full bloom as I was walking the dog. I came home and added a little saying and our B&B site and posted it to FB.... within 24 hrs it had over 6000 likes, 34 shares and we picked up 14 new followers. That for me was viral! Now hoping to find something else that will shock the waves!!!

It's all about making connections with your tribe..
Madeleine said:
It's all about making connections with your tribe.
lol. THAT is cute
don't fight the social media stuff. It works and it can only be good, if you are smart about it. Now let's hope that I am as smart as I think I am ;)

Oh Great, now I need a TRIBE too?? :)
That Millennial talk for what we would have called 'our gang'. ;-)
Actually, got that, just my natural sarcasm doesn't translate well in print:)
white pine said:
Put the winky face up for sarcasm.

white pine said:
Madeleine said:
white pine said:
Hey the winky is back, it was the squished up face, remember?
wink_smile.gif
mine shows up as squished up face still...hm

white pine said:
Couldn't find winky....oh, here
wink_smile.gif
Image0025_0.jpg

Back