Staycation...mancation... Are you ready for the "vegcation?!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I'm as compassionate as the next, but I'm not about to stay at a place with a turkey running around the house!

I thought "Veg" was about relaxation til I saw the gobble gobble.
shades_smile.gif

animals of any kind poo and wee and also not all can be toilet trained. Plus all animals are all unpredictable even at the best of times it just takes one to get bitten and thats it.

where volunteers will spend two days helping to groom, feed, and socialize with the farm's rescued cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, goats & sheep
Socialize? These people realize those are animals, don't they? Livestock animals, right, not bred for being pets. I mean, don't get me wrong - our friends (farmers) have three pigs who think they are four legged people and luuuuuvv to "visit." But one of them weighs 1200 lbs. I don't care how much he likes his back scratched....I don't dare get in his pen. What if he stepped on my foot? Or knocked me down. I guarantee you, he hasn't read Emily Post.
And sorry, but domestic fowl belong OUTSIDE. How could they possibly pass a health inspection? Am I the only one who knows about the toilet habits (or lack thereof) of barnyard fowl? Nasty.

where volunteers will spend two days helping to groom, feed, and socialize with the farm's rescued cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, goats & sheep
Socialize? These people realize those are animals, don't they? Livestock animals, right, not bred for being pets. I mean, don't get me wrong - our friends (farmers) have three pigs who think they are four legged people and luuuuuvv to "visit." But one of them weighs 1200 lbs. I don't care how much he likes his back scratched....I don't dare get in his pen. What if he stepped on my foot? Or knocked me down. I guarantee you, he hasn't read Emily Post.
And sorry, but domestic fowl belong OUTSIDE. How could they possibly pass a health inspection? Am I the only one who knows about the toilet habits (or lack thereof) of barnyard fowl? Nasty..
I grew up on a farm. I know the "pecking" order. Farmers are there to tend to the animals until it is time to go to market or allow those animals to do as they are here to do - become food. Dogs are herding animals, guard animals, or pets to teach children responsibility (ie the responsibility for taking care of the needs of something other than yourself). Cats keep down the mouse and other vermin population or have the function of being a companion (no matter how archly they do it). Each has his role to fulfill.

And sorry, but domestic fowl belong OUTSIDE. How could they possibly pass a health inspection? Am I the only one who knows about the toilet habits (or lack thereof) of barnyard fowl? Nasty..
Red Handed Jill said:
And sorry, but domestic fowl belong OUTSIDE. How could they possibly pass a health inspection? Am I the only one who knows about the toilet habits (or lack thereof) of barnyard fowl? Nasty.
Just at the PAII conference the insurance speaker said he would not even recommend bringing our docile dog in for the guests to pet. I wonder who this B&B's insurance company is?
RIki

Back