Steam Press iron

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmichele

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum. We do not own a B&B or Inn, but hunting cabins. Since we do not have the lodge part of the business built yet, I do the laundry at home. By the time I get the sheets and duvet covers (which are flannel) to the cabins, they are wrinkled:( I have a hand steamer, and steam once they are on the beds. It takes me forEVER to do. I have been looking into steam press, and wonder if this will help cut down on the time. Does anyone out there use one, and which brand. There are a million out there, and a lot of price differnce. We just can't afford to waste any money right now, to find out that it really does not work. Oh yes we are located out in the middle of nowhere, and going to a store to purchase is out of the question.

Since you use flannel, I wouldn't use the steam press as it would press the nap of flannel down.
Have you tried folding the sheets or hanging the sheets? I use flannel sheets in the winter time for cozy comfort and I fold the sheets out of the drier and they don't wrinkle bad.
My B&B is across the street from my house and we do laundry in our house, so I have to fold and carry across the street in laundry baskets. Then I store till next use as I remake beds with different sheets while the set removed is in the wash.

Some one gave us a steam press and it arrived tonight, just in time to do the sheets in the morning. :)

Since you use flannel, I wouldn't use the steam press as it would press the nap of flannel down.
Have you tried folding the sheets or hanging the sheets? I use flannel sheets in the winter time for cozy comfort and I fold the sheets out of the drier and they don't wrinkle bad.
My B&B is across the street from my house and we do laundry in our house, so I have to fold and carry across the street in laundry baskets. Then I store till next use as I remake beds with different sheets while the set removed is in the wash..
I guess I should not fret about the wrinkles, but I hate them.

How are you folding them?
:welcome:
=)
Kk..
Thanks for the welcome!! There are three cabins, and I usually have a large amount so I fold as small as possible to travel with them. They are still coming out of the dryer wrinkled, if I am not right there when they are done.

welcome.gif

My B&B is across the street from my house and we do laundry in our house, so I have to fold and carry across the street in laundry baskets. Then I store till next use as I remake beds with different sheets while the set removed is in the wash..
lmichele said:
Fold wrinkles are good, I look for those if I stay at a hotel.
shades_smile.gif

Thank you, it is nice to finally have some time to look at fourms. We were so busy building last year, between farming, photography, and the hunting, I have not had a spare min. I have so much to learn, and hope I can make it thorugh another build this year.

Some one gave us a steam press and it arrived tonight, just in time to do the sheets in the morning. :).
Can you tell me what kind of press, and do you like it??
sorry for the tardy reply ... we have a Singer Magic Steam Press, and have only now used it three times.
The first time it was a bit awkward and our is small, I think it is really just for pants, etc.
You need to wait unitl it is fully heated with the correct heat etc selected as this makes things so much easier (2nd time using it).
We have to fold the sheets in quarters (queen) and it does not do as great of a job as the iron and board but it does a good enough job and is so much faster. I do not know if the king size were only folded in quarters ... I have to admit it is not me who irons in the house.
It is a keeper, but would like to one day get a larger size. We do the table cloths and napkins as well on the press.

Some one gave us a steam press and it arrived tonight, just in time to do the sheets in the morning. :).
Can you tell me what kind of press, and do you like it??
sorry for the tardy reply ... we have a Singer Magic Steam Press, and have only now used it three times.
The first time it was a bit awkward and our is small, I think it is really just for pants, etc.
You need to wait unitl it is fully heated with the correct heat etc selected as this makes things so much easier (2nd time using it).
We have to fold the sheets in quarters (queen) and it does not do as great of a job as the iron and board but it does a good enough job and is so much faster. I do not know if the king size were only folded in quarters ... I have to admit it is not me who irons in the house.
It is a keeper, but would like to one day get a larger size. We do the table cloths and napkins as well on the press.
Yahooeee!!!!!!!!
I got the press, and started using it, I am in LUUUUVVVVVV. I got one of the bigger ones with a 32 inch plate. It did take some time getting it all down, since the direction stink. However, I love the result on the sheet at least. I have not tried the flannel ones yet, and will try to comment back here when I do. I was so silly crazy about it, I pressed all of my Tshirts, and I have a crazy amount of them. It takes me about 30 to 40 sec to press a pillow case, and about 10 min to press the sheet. I am sure that when I am better at it, I might not take me as long. I am so happy I spent the $$$ it is truning out to be well worth it.

Back