Steamer

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
I just bought a steam mop. I love it. I don't like gadgets but this has turned out to be awesome. I use it for the kitchen and the baths. There is no dirty water to dump. It is such a clean way to mop. The floors come out perfect. Just thought I would pass on the info.

Hey I love love mine I used it on the carpet of my stairs . What a wonderful job. My carpet came out clean and ever so soft. No shampoo just plain steam.
All my floors are so nice and clean and you don't have to wait till the floors dry. It drys before you count to 3. Did find I had to buy more mits to fit the tri angle. Till my other ones are washed and dryed. As I change the terry( miro) head covering after every room. It was one of my best buys. I will never leave home with out it is going camping with us. No more mop for the floors.

For what it's worth, here is a note I saved from one of the posts here last year...
I own 2 Shark Steamers and Wet Swiffer AND Oreck Steam Mop. Oreck knocks it out of the park! No comparison . Well worth the $$$$. Best purchase I made at the PAII convention in January 2011.

What kind did you get?.
I just got a Shark this weekend, my new bestest friend!!!
A little swiffer time to get the critter hair up (dumb dog, and way too many cats) and then run the Shark around, works great on the tile floors. Haven't tried on the hardwoods yet.
I figure if it can tame my house of teenagers and furry friends, a B&B should be NO Challenge.

I see lots of Shark models, like S3501, S3601, and S3901. Which one did you get, and how did you decide?

I see lots of Shark models, like S3501, S3601, and S3901. Which one did you get, and how did you decide?.
Arkansawyer said:
I see lots of Shark models, like S3501, S3601, and S3901. Which one did you get, and how did you decide?
The S3601, it looked like a good starting point, had extra pads I could wash and I liked the triangle head. Carpet glide didn't matter as I only have one large area rug, everything else is tile and hardwood. The triangle is the bomb on the stairs.

I just took the plunge. This is for my home but the swifter isn't doing it and hand scrubbing the grout on my tile floors is getting old.

I've ordered an S3601. Everywhere I looked it was $130 to $140, but I finally found a place that had it for $119, shipping included. Hope it turns out to be a reputable merchant! I always worry about taking the low bid, but also love to save a few dollars.

I've ordered an S3601. Everywhere I looked it was $130 to $140, but I finally found a place that had it for $119, shipping included. Hope it turns out to be a reputable merchant! I always worry about taking the low bid, but also love to save a few dollars..
Arkansawyer said:
I've ordered an S3601. Everywhere I looked it was $130 to $140, but I finally found a place that had it for $119, shipping included. Hope it turns out to be a reputable merchant! I always worry about taking the low bid, but also love to save a few dollars.
$129 on Amazon

Yes, I got it through Amazon. Their regular source, with free shipping through my Prime account, came to $129, but I clicked the link below that where it said "5 new from $109" and found that the $109 one charged just $10 shipping so I got it for $119.
Also, the one I got said it comes with THREE snap-on heads, rather than two like the other. I don't know what shape the third head will be. Maybe a pentagon! ;-)

Yes, I got it through Amazon. Their regular source, with free shipping through my Prime account, came to $129, but I clicked the link below that where it said "5 new from $109" and found that the $109 one charged just $10 shipping so I got it for $119.
Also, the one I got said it comes with THREE snap-on heads, rather than two like the other. I don't know what shape the third head will be. Maybe a pentagon! ;-).
mine came with two rectangles and one triangle.

I've ordered an S3601. Everywhere I looked it was $130 to $140, but I finally found a place that had it for $119, shipping included. Hope it turns out to be a reputable merchant! I always worry about taking the low bid, but also love to save a few dollars..
Arks, my son has one that he uses in their loft apartment with 1880's wood floors (it was a former mill). He has been really happy with it and claims it does a better job than a mop or wet Swiffer.

Arks, my son has one that he uses in their loft apartment with 1880's wood floors (it was a former mill). He has been really happy with it and claims it does a better job than a mop or wet Swiffer.
Samster said:
I am loving this thing. The wood is so much cleaner and no residue. The triangle works wonders on the wood stairs. Now if I can just keep my daughter from "borrowing" it permanently to her house, it will all be good.

My shark finally arrived today. The place I'd ordered from for $119 took forever, finally e-mailed that they were "out of town" and would have to cancel the order. Must have been a "company" run out of a garage.
So I ordered from the Amazon Prime vender and it came in 2 days with free shipping. Just cost $10 more. It came with 3 rectangular and 2 triangular pads, so I think I came out great!

My shark finally arrived today. The place I'd ordered from for $119 took forever, finally e-mailed that they were "out of town" and would have to cancel the order. Must have been a "company" run out of a garage.
So I ordered from the Amazon Prime vender and it came in 2 days with free shipping. Just cost $10 more. It came with 3 rectangular and 2 triangular pads, so I think I came out great!.
There is a link in the iL ove inns newsletter today about the use of steamers - [FONT= &quot] [/FONT]it's around 6 minutes so sit down and enjoy it while eating lunch.

So I ordered from the Amazon Prime vender and it came in 2 days with free shipping. Just cost $10 more. It came with 3 rectangular and 2 triangular pads, so I think I came out great!.
There is a link in the iL ove inns newsletter today about the use of steamers - [FONT= &quot] [/FONT]it's around 6 minutes so sit down and enjoy it while eating lunch.
I just watched that video and I still don't get how the steamer is supposed to kill off bbs if they only do the top of the covered mattress and halfway up the drapes. Maybe I missed something. And, maybe because it is so very damp here, I don't want to be pumping all that moisture in the air and into the bedding.

I just watched that video and I still don't get how the steamer is supposed to kill off bbs if they only do the top of the covered mattress and halfway up the drapes. Maybe I missed something. And, maybe because it is so very damp here, I don't want to be pumping all that moisture in the air and into the bedding.
And they're talking about $700 plus commercial steamers. I would buy one if I found BB's but I'm just fine with my steam mop until then.

Back