steaming bedding done in a "jiffy"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyMae

Reaction score
we insist on steaming our bedding for turnovers, it just looks so much better. i was just using a regular plain ol' steamer & it was just taking forever. Well, i think DH got tired of hearing me whine about how i waste so much valuable time steaming, so he told me the other day that he went online & bought me a Jiffy steamer. In short,
I LOVE IT!! it's a rather expensive piece of equipmet but ,oh my lord, worth every penny. (in my opinion). does anyone out there own one? ever had any problems with it? if you don't own one, GET ONE! you will not regret it! i don't think my DH regrets it at all.

How much was it? Do you use it on the bed or how does it work? How long does it take to heat? It is heavy?

we steam the bedding...sheets, pillowcases,duvets...so there are no wrinkles. it just looks better, i think. it has been my experience that even when linens say "wrinkle free" it's not true.
it is a little heavy but i don't mind considering thetime saved. it used to take me 1/2 hour to steam a flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillowcases & shams for a queen bed. not it, literally, takes me about 5 minutes! i know i probably sound like an infomercial but i just can't get over it. it is a heavy duty steamer. Dh got the one that says it is for drapes & upholstery as opposed to the one that said for clothes & such. it cost a couple of hundred dollars. there ar no "cheap parts on it. it is heavy duty & seems to be very good quality.
you fill it with hot tap water, turn the knob to preheat and wait until the red light goes out (maybe a couple of minutes) when the light goes out, turn it to steam & in 2 minutes or less you have continuous steam.

Can you buy this brand in any stores?
Do you steam them on the bed?

i'm not sure if it is sold in any stores anywhere. my husband bought mine online from the jiffy site.
click on the link above that gillumhouse provided.
yes, i make the bed & then steam away. how many of you out there steam your bedding?

i think the one i have is the 4000 model that is listed under the "professional" button.

i'm not sure if it is sold in any stores anywhere. my husband bought mine online from the jiffy site.
click on the link above that gillumhouse provided.
yes, i make the bed & then steam away. how many of you out there steam your bedding?.
I wash and line dry, use the dryer only in winter or rainy days. I keep an appointment with the dreaded ironing board (pillowcases) only in the summer months. We have ticked over to the flannel sheets now so no ironing pillowcases until Spring once I do the 6 on Thursday (last cotton sheets will get used Wednesday).

Back