Sticky fingers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. We put out port in the evening, and one guest took the bottle home with him. But all we lost was the rubber stopper to pump the air out that was in it. We had already learned to put it out with just a couple of inches left in it or some people drink it all down like regular wine instead of a nightcap...
RIki

This has been a hearwarming response. Sometimes I can get cynical about things, but this is great. So many of us can say that most of our guests are respectful and honest and treat our places well. Isn't that great??
Now if we could only get them to TAKE their wire hangers away with them!! Do you know I took a bunch to GoodWill the other day and they said they were just going to throw them away because they won't use them either??
There used to be a dry cleaner near where I used to live (another state) that had a nice cardboard container they'd give you to store your wire hangers in and return them. Unfortunately the dry cleaners I've found here haven't heard of that, so they just pile up here til I go crazy. Does anyone have a tip about wire hangers???.
InnBloom said:
Now if we could only get them to TAKE their wire hangers away with them!! Do you know I took a bunch to GoodWill the other day and they said they were just going to throw them away because they won't use them either??
In Arkansas we use them on our cars to replace the antennas that broke off years ago. Also good for enhancing TV reception and for fishing things out when they drop into narrow places.
1000 uses, like a paper clip (BTW, I read that few paper clips are used for clipping paper).

Occasionally we'll have a key walk off, but I'm sure this is just an oversight. You get to chatting with folks when they're checking out and I forget to ask for the key. It is usually mailed back promptly.
In 3 years, nothing has gone missing. Even my Cloth & Clay mugs are still here. We do get the wire hangers left behind, though. Hate those things!

I am with the pack...nothing of real value ever walked from here - a few keys took flight and had a few rolls of TP roll away but that is that.
As mentioned, real B&B people are great folks.
1990_dancing.gif

This has been a hearwarming response. Sometimes I can get cynical about things, but this is great. So many of us can say that most of our guests are respectful and honest and treat our places well. Isn't that great??
There used to be a dry cleaner near where I used to live (another state) that had a nice cardboard container they'd give you to store your wire hangers in and return them. Unfortunately the dry cleaners I've found here haven't heard of that, so they just pile up here til I go crazy. Does anyone have a tip about wire hangers???.
InnBloom said:
In Arkansas we use them on our cars to replace the antennas that broke off years ago. Also good for enhancing TV reception and for fishing things out when they drop into narrow places.
1000 uses, like a paper clip (BTW, I read that few paper clips are used for clipping paper).
Arkansawyer said:
wink_smile.gif

Back